S-10 Forum banner

Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 13 of 13 Posts
P

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Have any of you replaced your blubs to hyper white on your 98' and up cause i did and i still have yellow drl's running somehow off my hyper white...why!?!?

·
Banned
6,652 Posts
Quite possibly since the fact that since the bulbs are only getting about 1/2 of their normal voltage (for the purpose of the DRL's) is the reason you still get the yellow.

·
Dain Bramaged Member
1,583 Posts
I have hyperwhites, and I don't have that problem, but that b/c I disabled my DRL's, I felt my truck was doing too much thinking on it's own...

K

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
do what i do and pull the fuse for that ****....fix your problem in about 5 seconds:D

·
up to sumthing
575 Posts
It sounds to me like you just replaced your low beam bulbs.

There are 2 sets of bulbs in your head lights one set is your low beams & the other is your drls and also your high beams.

I replaced both sets of bulbs in my truck & my drls are hyperwhite

:D :cool:

K

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
ummm...well actually you it depends on the bulb too...b/c different manufactures..use different colors on the bublb too....but the drl onlt you and a 1/4 of the power that it normay would.....if you don't like it pull hte **** fuse

P

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
ok, i wrote that in a rush..i repaced both low and high beam bulbs with the cool blue. I have the cool blue when i turn the lights on and the same with my brights. But when my lights are off i get the yellow drl's. i have pulled the fuse but then i only have one bright light..thats what im trying to figure out if i need a dubble duty bulb or something?:confused:

·
Dain Bramaged Member
1,583 Posts
for the DRL mod, you can't just pull the fuse, you have to pull it out, and clip off three of the prongs, leaving the ones maked "30" and "87a" the replace the fuse, this will disable the DRL's and keep your high beams operating properly...

·
want my #... 911 beotch!!
2,186 Posts
Psychobrick said:
for the DRL mod, you can't just pull the fuse, you have to pull it out, and clip off three of the prongs, leaving the ones maked "30" and "87a" the replace the fuse, this will disable the DRL's and keep your high beams operating properly...
dont see markings on the fuse 30 and 87a.:confused: on the bottom of the fuse i see 5 prongs with little numbers 1 through 5. which do i cut off?:confused:

·
Dain Bramaged Member
1,583 Posts
Ok, here's a diagram, clip the prongs where there are "x"'s and leave the prongs where there are "0"
when you look at the fuse, hold it so that there are 2 prongs across the top and three across the bottom, LEAVE the top left, and bottom center prongs....

| 0 x |
| x 0 x |

·
drunk and bored
31,626 Posts
wow.....lol

1 - 13 of 13 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.