S-10 Forum banner
1 - 17 of 17 Posts

·
Registered
381 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
anyone know the laws in va as for minimum bumper heights, and all kinds of laws, from florida new to va and my trucks bagged so i want to know what to expect

·
Registered
5,261 Posts
oooo god! i was stationed there in va bch a few years ago and lemme tell ya its hell! the law there is by gvwr (whatever) and the buymper law is high... like 18 inches or something crazy might be 20 something i cant remember. but its illegal to have shaved handles( unsafe in case of accident) a cowl hood over 2-3 inches is illegal, just about any exhaust mod will get you a ticket, bags are just a huge problem there! i got my truck towed and imponded for being to low and not being allowed to hit the switch to raise it. i had 2 friends get tickets for altered suspension through the mail! this is no joke. the cops went to their apartments and took pics of the trucks layed out and mailed them a ticket for it! im not making this up... the judge made both of them pay and told them to fix their trucks or get out

i suggest sell your truck or move:)

·
Registered
5,261 Posts
yeah i knew it had an 8 in it... 28 it is

·
Registered
213 Posts
The law states:

The front bumper height of trucks whose gross vehicle weight ratings are 4,500 pounds or less shall be no less than 14 inches and no more than 28 inches, and their rear bumper height shall be no less than 14 inches and no more than 28 inches.

On a bad day, tickets are also avalible for "adjustable suspension" and "Altered Suspension"

·
Registered
315 Posts
ihaveissues said:
The law states:

The front bumper height of trucks whose gross vehicle weight ratings are 4,500 pounds or less shall be no less than 14 inches and no more than 28 inches, and their rear bumper height shall be no less than 14 inches and no more than 28 inches.

On a bad day, tickets are also avalible for "adjustable suspension" and "Altered Suspension"

Do you have a copy of this? I would like to have one for my records. 14 inches seems low.

·
Registered
81 Posts
VA laws suck! I was just passing through the state on a Sunday afternoon in March and a ****ing cop was clocking cars, but pulled me over and fined me for window tint. I know they're darker than the limit, but c'mon now, do they have nothing better to do? Hope that dick bag met quota. ****ing pigs......

·
Dragging Titanium
106 Posts
VA laws do suck but I never got harrassed when I lived there with my truck bagged, just don't do anything stupid and you will be fine. Either that or move back to FL, I love it down here, don't get harrassed at all :)

·
Registered
5,261 Posts
man they harrassed the shat outta me! i mean i could be driving down the rode under the speed limit, lights on, seatbelt on, just riding like i was a 5-6 drop and a cop would do a u-turn and bust my ass for altered suspension... they would tell me i wasnt doin anything wrong just that my truck looked to low so they'd pull me over and measure it:(

now here in tn, as long as your not hitting switches or draggin they dont say poo:)

·
Process of Bagging
386 Posts
Im in Gainesville, Virginia, and the cops arnt to bad around here. couple of my buddies have bagged rides, one buddys static is sitting the frame 1 inch from the ground, and hes only been pulled over by fairfax county cops. and his windows are blacked out...... but as long as ur not stupid you should be fine.

·
Insert catchy saying here
1,311 Posts
im in chesapeake as well and yes the laws here do kinda suck...had a few altered suspension tickets myself. one at 7" all around and another at 9"...both because the cop thought i was low and pulled me, no other reasoning or tickets...

·
Registered
2 Posts
Yea I am in Va Beach attending ATI. I have had alot of Vandelism done to my Lincoln Town Car. Maybe cause its tangerine pearl orange. So I think that Im bringing my dime here and parking the car at home. No tickets yet though *knocks on wood*

·
Registered
88 Posts
i guess i just been lucky, i was waiting outside of the bank for my girl and a cop ask me to hit switches. at first i was like f... that, but he was cool

1 - 17 of 17 Posts