S-10 Forum banner
1 - 20 of 32 Posts

·
Hola Bitches
4,858 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I just dropped off my driveshaft to get shortened for my 3 Link and told the guy 1.25" ...thats what It looked like with some free play ...does this sound right...I saw many people just do 1" ...?????

·
Hola Bitches
4,858 Posts
Discussion Starter · #2 ·
Anyone!!!????

·
Hola Bitches
4,858 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
phewww ...gracias ...

·
Hola Bitches
4,858 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
b/c he told me you usually want 1" of play and I measured for the driveshaft to be in it would need to be cut 3/4" ...than I added the extra 1/2" of play

·
Hola Bitches
4,858 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
ok cool ...thanks gys ..have to go now and finish working on crap ...

·
Registered
13,733 Posts
Myst said:
ok cool ...thanks gys ..have to go now and finish working on crap ...
Do you know about the edit button? You can edit one post so you don't have to make 2 or 3 posts right after it. Just a thought... :)

·
I like MINE with NO shine
6,577 Posts
SlammedDime said:
Do you know about the edit button? You can edit one post so you don't have to make 2 or 3 posts right after it. Just a thought... :)
When did they add the edit feature?

·
Afterhours Admin
27,121 Posts
ive never needed more than 1" and that left plenty of movement. maybe you want 1" of play but thats at normal ride height, you need it to be long enough so that it doesnt fall out when you lift it fully lol. you should be ok tho.

·
Gone but not forgotten
5,882 Posts
do you guys know where they make their cuts at? I know it slides in the sleeve at the end and they weld it there.. so if you cut the outside skin there, took the end out, cut however much you needed it shortened and slid the end back in and re-welded it.. you wouldnt be much further behind would ya. It should still be in line i'd think. I dont want to pay 80 bucks to do it if i can take a couple hours and do it myself. ;)

·
yeah... that's STATIC
1,577 Posts
that's where the money comes in. driveshafts have to be balanced pretty well. it's worth it to me to spend $80 instead of fukkin around for hours on it, and hoping you maintain balance. what is your time worth?

·
Gone but not forgotten
5,882 Posts
larstrak said:
that's where the money comes in. driveshafts have to be balanced pretty well. it's worth it to me to spend $80 instead of fukkin around for hours on it, and hoping you maintain balance. what is your time worth?
so who pissed in your cheerios buddy

·
Registered
13,733 Posts
BIGGERISBETTER said:
I'm with him. A good shop will spin the shaft upwards of 5K rpms and even higher to properly balance the shaft. Your suggestion is similar to taking a tire off a wheel thats already balanced, then replacing it with the same size tire, then saying it couldn't be far off from where it was before and therefore doesn't need to be balanced.

·
Registered
312 Posts
maybe a dumb question, but is it a must to shorten your driveshaft when bagging?

·
yeah... that's STATIC
1,577 Posts
BIGGERISBETTER said:
wow... way to turn it around and make it sound like i'm being a dick. i was saying... he'd spend hours on end shortening it, maintaing it's linear qualities... and then paying someone to balance it ANYWAY. when in the end, it would have been worth his time to pay someone to do it all at once

1 - 20 of 32 Posts