S-10 Forum banner

1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
38 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I am getting ready to buy some air bags and was wondering if the driveshaft needed to be shortened for the bags? Also, how hard is it to make your leaf springs into a monoleaf?

·
Primer Spots
3,713 Posts
mono leafs and bags ist the greatest idea it works but if your worried about driveshaft wear and tear, pulling leafs will put more wear on the driveshaft, just from the torque at the wheels tweaking the setup around. I have a tech article on it if i can dig it up Ill send it to you.

·
Primer Spots
3,713 Posts
mono leafs and bags ist the greatest idea it works but if your worried about driveshaft wear and tear, pulling leafs will put more wear on the driveshaft, just from the torque at the wheels tweaking the setup around. I have a tech article on it if i can dig it up Ill send it to you.

·
Registered
201 Posts
mrshaft696 said:
can you email it to [email protected]

Thanks,
Jay

·
Primer Spots
3,713 Posts
here is some of it, mainly what I was talking about, the article was about a 4 link install

·
The Researcher
610 Posts
I hate mono leafs

I'm a bigger fan of 2 links. Simple set up, sturdy but some cons vs a 4 link though. We do a lot of 2 links in the shop and ppl are very happy with them. They are not the best for side to side but the ride is great.

I can give more info on a 2 link if anyone wants.

·
Registered
1,151 Posts
Is a panhard bar required with that 2-link? I'm about to bag the back of my truck with a set of Ground Force monoleafs. A 4-link seemed too difficult & expensive for me to install but a simpler 2-link sounds good if the price is right.

·
www.AcrophobiA.net
1,325 Posts
if you want something simple get a bolt on 4 link or the kp set-up like i have...its rides *****en and is really good for the shaft cause it is 6 linked

·
Dis Member
87 Posts
Hmm

Well if you're gonna mono leaf it and leave it like that for a while there's a good chance you'll have trans problems down the road.

Your best route is to run a 4 link (pref triangulated on an S truck) all bars foward.

Think of it this way, on your leaf springs there is a little tab, button, whatever u want to call it. That keeps the rear end in one spot on the truck, well when u drastically lower it, it almost always shoots the pinion angle up and puts more pressure on the trans. Now with a 4 link or 2 link or most link setups, the bars can be adjusted to compensate for a large drop so the rear end can esentially be pushed back a little bit to compensate and not give you a very messed up pinion angle.

My $.02

·
MichiganMetalWorks.com
2,531 Posts
Can you give me some more information on 2 link setups Jeff, i am interested in doing this i think, just some tech instal information, price, and overall information on the whole thing would be great, you can e-mail me at [email protected] , if the price is reasonable i may get one, i am conserned about my mono leaf setup right now and am looking to change, so any information is good

thanks

taylor

1 - 12 of 12 Posts