S-10 Forum banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
6,948 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
ok i want to lower my 2001 ex cab s10, 2/3. my dsad wont let me because it will push the driveshaft into the tranny he sais, on my friends sigle cab when he lowered it 2/3 it pushed the driveshaft into the tranny and is screwing the tranny up. well i heard on an extrended cab getting engled blocks will bypass that problem, can anyone verify that for me? anyone have pictures of there extended bad 4.3 lowered 2/3

·
Gaaoooooo
13,572 Posts
yes angled blocks will definitely remedy that, I have 1 inch blocks on top of the lowered leaf springs on my zq8 and have no problems.

·
I hate everyone
4,628 Posts
ah hell mine is bagged and my drive shaft is constantly shifting... haha and its still going...

·
Registered
498 Posts
Tell your dad this is a truck. If you load it down with cement blocks the driveshaft had better have enough travel to handle the truck lowered into the snubbers/bump stops. Sounds like "ole dad" just doesn't want the truck dropped.

·
Registered
6,948 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
tried telling my dad its my truck ill do wat i want and he told me i may have paid for it but its in his name. any more opinions.

·
Sold
4,592 Posts
with a 3" drop on a x-cab u won't have any problems. x-cabs have a 2 pc drive shaft. that has a slip yoke in the 2nd half. it will take up what little it does move back without a problem. reg. cab trucks can have that problem if dropped to far,not x cabs.i would recomend angled blocks p/n bel-6202 at www.summitracing.com angled blocks will not make the drive shaft move any less they are for pinion angle only. if anything they would move the shaft toward the trans more, if it was possiable on a x-cab.

·
Registered
6,948 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
sweet, ima show my dad this thread and see what he sais. but ima wait a while, he jus got done yelling at me for cashing my whole check to buy shit for the truck. im buying a tonneau cover within the next week. just looking for opinions, see my thread in the 2nd generation s10/sonoma forum

·
Registered
87 Posts
YOu can always just get the driveshaft shortened.
it doesn't cost very much at a drive shaft shop.

·
Registered
10,898 Posts
I don't know if this will help, but here's my ole Slonoma
with 2" drop spindles 1" front colis that have settled to
around 1.5/ 1.75". In the rear is a drop by pulling a leaf
and 2.50 angled blocks. They were 3" but I had em cut
down by a machine shop. I didn't do anything to the driveshaft
on my ride. The trick is to get the rear end to sit back as far
as you can on the spring perches before you tighten it down
and to make sure you tighten and TORQUE the u-bolts in
an x-pattern. I torqued mine down to 95 ft# and ck em once