S-10 Forum banner

Driver's side Turn and Break wire

778 views 4 replies 2 participants last post by  Jayhawke 
#1 ·
I recently wired my 01 s10 for trailer lights and all was fine. I spliced right after the connector for the whole rear light wiring harness. My lights were working perfectly fine until my driver's side turn signal started hyperblinking and I had no break lights on the same side. I crawled under and found nothing wrong with my splices. I hooked 2 different power testers up to the wire and found that I wasnt getting any power to the yellow wire at all. Not even before the splices. My front turn signal is blinking fast but the rear doesn't blink at all. I just had the ground redone and redid it in the process of figuring this out. Any suggestions. Do I have a short somewhere up the line?

#2 ·
pull bulb- fast blink indicates blown bulb- could be inside bulb or the socket

#4 · (Edited)
ok- where exactly did you test for the voltage- in the plug ,at the plug- or into the wire up from the plug- and where are you grounding your tester- because if your ground for that side is bad- you would not show voltage either. READ 4 and 5 together

#5 ·
The way to insure you have a good ground in your harness- use a MULTI-Meter in the diode mode- the one that beeps when you touch the leads together- one goes to your ground being tested- and the other gets JAMMED between two pieces of metal so it does not move. Once you verify(listen for the beep) a good ground then test for voltage- and yes our beloved s10 have grounds that break when you add/subtract/move or look at them wrong- ps did you cut the wires for your splices for trailer light? they make plug in connectors.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.