S-10 Forum banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
385 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi I got my truck back from the custom shop, I did a 6 notcha and mono leaf with 3 inch belltech blocks and when i took it up the street it seemed to have drive shaft vibrations??? they notched the gas tank member and nothing rubs? DO i have to get a custom drive shaft? what do you guys do?
also how much lift should i expect with my 2500 pound bags? installed?
thanks

·
Registered
13,733 Posts
Do you have a regular cab, or extended cab truck??

If its a regular cab, take it back to the shop and have them check the pinion angles. If its an ext cab, you may need a carrier bearing spacer under the bearing to lift it up a lil bit.

As far as teh bag... you can expect about 4.5-5" of lift.

·
I <3 SPARKS
7,977 Posts
How are the bags mounted? We'll need to know that to tell you how much lift to expect outta those bags... and oh yea, what bags are they?

Driveline vibrations are probably being caused by your pinion angle. What kinda leaf setup are you runnin? Monoleaf I'm guessing? Are those blocks angled or not?

·
Registered
13,733 Posts
Cab... reread what he orginally said... he's got a leaf setup... so the bags are more than likely over the axle... and he said he has 2500 lb bags... 255c stones.

·
I <3 SPARKS
7,977 Posts
They could be in front of the axle, on the axle, or behind the axle.

And he didnt say Firestones specifically.

·
Bolt-On Body Dropz
2,617 Posts
Your vibrations are coming from improper pinion angle. You need to get a 4link to eliminate this, or for now add pinion shims to correct it temporarily.

·
Registered
385 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
okay it has just regular 3 inch beltech blocks, with a mono leaf setup (flipped leafs) i have 2500 pound stones in the back, but there not mine my 2500 pound contitechs should be in soon. OR should i get 2600 pounds for more lift?
Could i get the pinion angle things to solve my vibrations? OR???
PLEASE HELP I want to figure it out!!!

1 - 9 of 9 Posts