S-10 Forum banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
99 s10 4.3 for sale
58 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
hey all...have a few minutes to kill (damn, my printer runs slower than a civic EX). this all happened last sunday night..

i went to some outlaw drags at our usual stretch (for any of you that of heard of the homstead speedway, its right near there)... it was mostly mustangs, which was ok bc there were some sick ones running. I saw a s/c '88 absolutely spank one of those new bullet mustangs. things were fun and a lot of people were there. mad people running their sh!t too.

ok a lil backround of our racing scene... its not uncommon for this spot to host some pretty serious races. its not uncommon to see 8/9 sec cars running for $2,000 a head. when the cops show up (they always do) the turn on their sirens and lights, and bust anyone that does anything stupid in front of them and let everyone clear out... heh, well not this time...

the "stretch" runs across a water treatment plant about 3/4s of a mile with no other streets in between... its a beautiful strip, and after sundown there's really no traffic. what happened is that the cops came from the western side (we run west to east on the stretch) and everyone jumped in their rides and took off for the eastern outlet... my truck was parked along the other street on the western side so i had to make a run for my ride and dip out down that street to the south. well that was what i was planning on at least, until a pig literally grabbed me from behind. not too anxious for a confrontation with an armed mass of dunkin-donuts i cooperated with him and he ran my license...then he searched my truck (thank god i didn't have anything incriminating)... after a $25 parking ticket he finally let me go like an hour and a half after they had showed up.

that really sucked, but it was getting off easy compared to what happened to everyone who fled down to the other side of the stretch. i had a friend running his stang that night and he was one of the first to get down to the other side...he was lucky to leave with a reckless driving ticket (a misdemeanor ...sp??). not only did they impound and tow out 3 cars, they gave everyone there with some sort of ticket... they're really trying to crack down on us.

and now an editorial (lol)...
it really pisses me off bc the people that race there are really safe and if anyone f!cks around they get *****ed at and told to leave. its not like they're flyin down the highway in and out of traffic...most of these guys know their sh!t and can drive as good as anyone else on the nhra circuits. not only that but they busted everyone there in one way or another...if they couldn't give you a ticket bc you didn't drive, they searched you to try to find something...it was unbelievable...while i was getting patted down i saw them searching a bunch of little kids that couldn't have been older than 14. it just makes me wanna hook my truck up even more so i can run from those pigs and hold out the finger as i pull away from them...i know they're "doing their job" but come on... why penalize bc the nearest legal strip is an hour and a half away? we'll i know this much, everyone there who races has the undisputed attitude that we're gonna race no matter what...so let em arrest us and take our rides.... we'll just come back faster and faster...:cuss: :madfinger :cuss:

·
Resident Mechanic
365 Posts
Not postin to argue but majority of the people i know r cops, and i will more than likely end up being one, there r serveral other charges they could have brung against everyone like illegal parking, destruction of government property(i.e. burnouts and such) and on the subject of spin outs there r several they could get u with for that like improper start, or laying drag, or drag racing, now theres a good bit of cops that will let the first few offenses get buy but I mean the way they see it is a large group of young people which that there will attract cops also they r all racing which is illegal and these cops dont know how good the people racin r just like yal held these races everyweekend and the cops didnt do anything then u got some tard there with a civic that has never raced b4 and decides to hit NOS for the first time on his first race and plows down 30 or 40 teenagers, this will be thrown in the police departments faces and all the parents and friends of the peple killed or hurt would blame the cops for not doin anything, now i will admit i do race, i speed my ass off and i have gotten my fair share of ticketsso im not tryin to act like i never do anything wrong or gunna stand here and say serves u right, they know we're gunna race and they know tards r out there that donyt know how to drive thats why we catch so much trouble, for example i lost my s10 bcuz someone got mad bcuz of a street race, i stomped the guys @ss he got mad and ran me off the road it totaled my truck, the guys intent was to kill me but that didnt work out, u see the cops intent is to stop things like this from happening cuz theres always a soar loser in the bunch, so give the cops a break of course i am not countin the guys that getoff on just pullin anybody over that owns a sports car and writin then like 8 or 9 tickets for no reason

·
99 s10 4.3 for sale
58 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
actually, i agree with most of what you're saying. but the thing is, is that these races in particular are pretty serious. the middleman who holds the money per race also has two huge guys standing next to him that commonly carry glocks on their waists. these races are pretty f!ckin serious. i can imagine a cop rollin up on a bunch of kids racing or some similar situation, and getting pretty hard on everyone there. but in the past at these races, the cops show up, see that the youngest drivers there are in their mid/low 20's, and just scare everyone off. no one even stands more than 50 ft in front of the starting line because the drivers will refuse to launch(well, most of them at least). i've been going to these particular races for almost 5 years now, and i've only seen 3 wrecks, 2 of which were from debris....none out of stupidity. it just angers me when the most responsible group of racers are being cracked down on. i understand that the police has a job to do, but instead of sending a racing enthusiast to jail (most of these guys don't make alot of money, but what they do make goes into their cars) who is endagering no one but himself (and possibly the other racer) just seems like a waste of effort- and when we ask the city of homestead to allow a dragstrip to be built, it goes absolutely nowhere...

p.s. if some kid posted up with spray, everyone there would probably laugh at him and let him run by himself...the only ones who race are the ones who have earned respect...i know it sounds corny, but its like i said: these guys are serious...

thanks for the reply though, it was good insight. i think this is a very good topic for debate...

·
Registered
211 Posts
I just wanted to say that I am proud of you two... you guys both made your points without arguing like some of the other members here. WTG! :) And yeah the printer comparison was great.

·
Resident Mechanic
365 Posts
They will crack down on us but yet its ok for ricers and tards to get on the strip and pass people in the center lane, and do like 90 in school zones, but we drive by in one of our cars(my case) or trucks and we're doing like 1 over we get pulled over and harrassed, like lastnight, I was followed for a hour I pulled into a parkinglot to drop a friend off to her ride, I pulled back out and sure enough the cop was sittin on down the road watchin me waitin on me to go so he could follow, I jammed it right and took off them slowed down to wait on him sure enough here he come tard thru the intersection lights, siren everything I could had left him like 8 times b4 he caught me but I waited on him, he pulled me over for no tag(new car) and a illegal traffic turn, but didnt write me no ticket after calling 3 other cars for backup which I still don't know what that was about unless he thought I was gunna run they were all cool about it but you could tell the entire reason was I was in a orange car with black stripes and the little bitty z28 tags and you know cops just looooove that

1 - 6 of 6 Posts