S-10 Forum banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
ALMOST DONE
1,422 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
what drain plug should i use on my tank..its the 12 gallon 8 port tank from gauge magazine..the one from my tank is too big...i dont wanna space the tank up b/c its mounted in my bed..i now have a 1/2 - 1/4 reducer then the drain but it hits the floor

·
ALMOST DONE
1,422 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
yeah but the port is 1/2 and with the reducer it doesnt fit

·
Registered
13,733 Posts
Then you didn't get the right size reducer. 1/2" NPT is 1/2" NPT, as well as 1/4". Ports are 1/2", so you get a 1/2" x 1/4" Reducing bushing, then put the drain cock in.

·
ALMOST DONE
1,422 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
no i got the right size reducer...1/2 male end to go into the tank and 1/4 female for the drain cock...the problem is that the drain is to big...if i have the tank mounted in my bed there is like 1/2 clearance between the port and bed floor and the drain plug and reducer are a inch...those arent the real numbers but you should get what im saying...ill take pics if you guys still dont understand

·
Registered
432 Posts
i got one from home depot and it barely fits. it leaks though so i'm got a new one from larry. i haven't put it on yet but it looks shorter. i would go compare it but its late and cold out. its still 1/4" thought so you still need the bushing on there. i don't know what else you can do beside find a short drain cock or space up the tank.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts