S-10 Forum banner

61 - 80 of 167 Posts

·
Beav
1,653 Posts
LowOnAirS10 said:
Me too. I just bolt it on upside down and lay the back out....a lot easier than dragging my frame.
I tryed that but im not quit low enough yet (no notch) so i use about a 8 inch long peice of all thread and put a bolt on one end drop it in the hole, then another bolt on the bottom. but they wear down quik (sp) so i just cut up an old rocking chair my mom had and put some rods through the side to keep it from goin up/down. it bends but it works. (vids in both my cardomain page and gallery.)

·
SOLD
7,551 Posts
weld up those side guessets and take a pic, if it looks good i'll send ya 25 bucks to ship me some, id do it myself but i just dont have the time these days...

·
Registered
197 Posts
MX_Racer32 said:
weld up those side guessets and take a pic, if it looks good i'll send ya 25 bucks to ship me some, id do it myself but i just dont have the time these days...
Pm sent. I am gonna try and get some welded tonight. I have a couple other guys wantin some to, I am just waiting for replies so I know how many to make.

·
~~~~
23,957 Posts
Discussion Starter #66
Those are some nice welds man!

·
SOLD
7,551 Posts
man those are clean welds for sure, i applude you on them. i like the double gussets myself, but does the nut for the shank fit between them? it looks kinda tight, but i'll for sure take a set of the double gusseted ones, PM me so we can get each others addy's and money situation straight.

·
Registered
197 Posts
MX_Racer32 said:
man those are clean welds for sure, i applude you on them. i like the double gussets myself, but does the nut for the shank fit between them? it looks kinda tight, but i'll for sure take a set of the double gusseted ones, PM me so we can get each others addy's and money situation straight.
PM sent.

·
Anybody got 20's?
5,733 Posts
That would be cool if the gussets actually held the nut while you crank down the ball. Then again there are probably different size nuts out there that would not work.

·
~~~~
23,957 Posts
Discussion Starter #77

·
Bad Mother F***ER!
424 Posts
Yea i dont want to fock my frame up draggin ballz. I would say invest in a drag block that bolts to the frame. But I got like a tab hangin down off the tongue of my frame so I can drag-rigged i know

·
Registered
197 Posts
well, I had a lot of interest for awhile. Still waitin for some replies from some guys. I still have metal left if anyone wants a set. Just to clarify for the ppl that havent read the whole thread...these bolt to the frame with TWO bolts...one grade 5 1/2' bolt and one low grade 3/8" bolt. They bolt just like most other drag blocks, the hitchball is what is different. I can weld one or two gussets on it for strength, its up to you.

61 - 80 of 167 Posts
About this Discussion
166 Replies
58 Participants
baggedime
S-10 Forum
S10forum is the community to discuss the S-Series, Chevrolet Colorado and GMC Canyon. Join to discuss rebuilds, modifications, tech articles and more!
Full Forum Listing