S-10 Forum banner

1 - 20 of 30 Posts

·
Registered
137 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Drag blocks on the dront?

Is there anyway of draggin with the front?...or is that not a smart idea? let me know if u have. or if u know someone who is...becasue i am just baggin the front right now with jasons bag kit...ill be baggin the back later...just wnatd to drag with the front and woundering if you could...thanks...

·
NTBSSHEVN
9,248 Posts
I drag my front. The peice thats under the motor I guess its called the motor crossmember or something but I just drilled a hole in that and put a ballhitch upside down on it. Makes lots of sparks, is cheap, and is easy to take on and off. With it on u won't layout all the way but its so easy to take on and off u don't even need tools.

·
I'm Rick James Bitch
402 Posts
yeah u can drag it as long as your wheels outside diameter is small enough you can lay frame in the front you can also put drag blocks on the side ofthe frame a lil bit behind the tires.

·
True Ambition
3,527 Posts
i was thinking of slapping a block on there for a day and drag it off :)...i have seen videos of the front being dragged before.

Go for it!

·
NTBSSHEVN
9,248 Posts
The reason I used the ball hitch is because of how easy it is to remove and put on. If I want to go dragging one night I just go to advance auto parts and put the hitch on in the parking lot.

·
EX-Minitrucker
3,978 Posts
NCHEVYHEVN3 said:
The reason I used the ball hitch is because of how easy it is to remove and put on. If I want to go dragging one night I just go to advance auto parts and put the hitch on in the parking lot.
Got pics?

·
SOLD
7,551 Posts
i would be scared taking any weight off the front wheels. i would just stick to front jacked the fock up and lay that ass down! ive seen the front done, but i would get scared!

damn good point, i didnt think of that, im glad you said something, i was thinking of trying that tomorow....nevermind now. id rather wait till the back was done to drag then risk getting in a wreck. oh wait, i was just in one.,.damnit. oh well. ran off the road thanks to black ice and fuged up my bed. already got another one though, looks brand new. hmmm what to do with this one...caddys maybe?

·
NTBSSHEVN
9,248 Posts
Your not going to have any problems as long as u don't let all the air out and don't drag around a corner. You can still wreck by dragging the back cause you could fish tail and do a few 360s.

·
Ricky
1,854 Posts
i dragged my blocks going 70 MPH for a minute. Just dont turn and dont air all the way out, let it down and wen u hear it draggin just speed up.

·
NTBSSHEVN
9,248 Posts
FoolishBlazer said:
i dragged my blocks going 70 MPH for a minute. Just dont turn and dont air all the way out, let it down and wen u hear it draggin just speed up.
Yea when u hear it start dragging and sparks flying than u are low enough.

Go and try and drag your back bumper while turning in like an abandoned parking lot. You can do some easy 360s while throwing sparks.:)

·
Premium Member
16,419 Posts
I used to drag hitchball all the time from my rear bumper, now moving on to drag blocks and a rollpan. I lay out, but I'm draggin gas tank to... Theres a video of draggin hitchball of me in my gallery

·
Registered
137 Posts
Discussion Starter #17
what size tires are yall running...becasue i have 215/75/15 on there and i dont think i will be able to drag with the front until i get some smaller tires..anybody know a good cheap place get get new tires...what about low pros for 15's....jw...

·
NTBSSHEVN
9,248 Posts
I have 205/70/15. Try gettting some 215/60/15 or a 205/60/15.

·
I'm Lost
282 Posts
I drag my front all the time and never had a problem (have gone as fast as 75 while draggin the front) . I welded a 1/2" thick steel plate to my front xmember so i dont drag through the xmember though

·
can i video tape you?
2,360 Posts
just drag your front cross member till the skid plate falls off then make a new one for it and weld it on..thats what i did. make sure to only drag on smmooottthhhhh roads so you wont catch on anything..that can **** shiat up.

1 - 20 of 30 Posts