S-10 Forum banner

1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Registered
145 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Ok i have a 98 S-10 2 linked I do not lay frame but lay about an inch or so off the ground with the frame. i wanna put some drag blocks on my truck, is there anyway to do this since i dont pay frame? Any ideas would be appreciated. And before i get bashed and people say just lay frame and be done with it, I dont wanna lay frame with this truck its my everyday driver, i have my other 95 S-10 to lay frame with. Any info would be helpful and pictures of set ups also. Thanks

·
Registered
145 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
But then when i laid the truck out as low as it would go it would sit on the blocks and smash them. And when dragging ti would throw the psarks at my gas tank is that safe? and remember my front isnt cut out so the front tires rest on the inside fender wells when laid down.

·
I <3 SPARKS
7,977 Posts
blah.

Take your fender wells out if you dont want the tires to rub in the front. That or get smaller tires.

The block will hit first if its lower than the frame is when "laid out."

Youll throw sparks. It shouldnt hurt the gas tank. Have fun.

tata.

·
SK= Midwest's Elite
4,906 Posts
ya...think about it, you expect them to stay on when hittin the ground with 2500lbs. on top of them at 60mph...yet dont expect them to hold up to a gentle dropping?

i would angle them toward the rear a bit...just so the asphalt doesnt bite on them and rip them off...and you could always go with the hitchball idea, raise it up, screw in a Reese hitch, drag around for a bit, unscrew it and be on your way

·
Registered
145 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
Hitchball idea? Please explain this a little please. Also Orange sonoma do you lay fame or no? and what do you do when the blocks ware down can you adjust them down more or thats it? My problem will be going down when the blocks are running low and having my front tires hit in the fender wells.

·
Registered
145 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
My front fender wells are not cut and when i lay the truck out the front goes all the way down until the tires hit inside the fender wells and thats where it will rest.

·
Alsek Spring & Fab Ltd.
1,230 Posts
Da Shoe said:
My problem will be going down when the blocks are running low and having my front tires hit in the fender wells.
most people ( I say most meaning everyone does whatever the fock they want) when they drag, leave the front up and just drop the back. unless you are a crazy mofo, and just drop the whole truck on the ground doin 60.

and about the trailer hitch ball, you make an L bracket like in the pic, but instead of having a drag block, you drill a big hole and install a hitch ball upside down.

Ive even seen a few people just put a hitch ball upsidedown on their bumper, which keeps the sparks totally away from the gas tank.

(also, of all the people that drag on this site, I have never heard of someone catching their gastank on fire.)

·
Bolt-On Body Dropz
2,617 Posts
You shouldn't need to worry about sparks by your gas tank inless you have a hole in it.

1 - 14 of 14 Posts