S-10 Forum banner
1 - 20 of 36 Posts

·
Hola Bitches
4,858 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I have posted before saying I cant lay out fully on my drivers side and recently I have noticed in the curve after leaving the engine and going to the tranny the downpipe is flattened , in a small area ...but it looks scraped and pressed in ...not sure if thats normal or if someone else has had this prob ...:p

·
Hola Bitches
4,858 Posts
Discussion Starter · #2 ·
the only pic ...not sure if it hangs lower than the tranny x-member ...yo u can see a flattening ..a tad though

·
Hola Bitches
4,858 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
lol ...yea but the thing is ...it leans more towards my drivers side and it looks all scraped up and not sure if the downpipe comes flattened in that area stock ...or it might be whats holding me up

·
Shit's Weak
1,970 Posts
no it doesn't come flattened from the factory. you've done that by hitting the ground. you can drive that like until you break it, and then you'll need to get a custom bent piece that tucks up higher.

i was dropped 5/6 and mine was all jacked up - flattened and dented, but i eventually broke the flex-pipe piece by the manifold, so i had a huge, annoying exhaust leak. meineke built me a new piece from the manifold to the cat for $300. it tucks up about 1/4 inch from touching the transmission. my truck is a 2003 reg cab, 2.2L 5-speed by the way.

·
Hola Bitches
4,858 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
so I flattened it and thats what could be holding me up ...

·
mini' less.... :(
436 Posts
im going on my 3rd downpipe on my truck, its not supposed to be flat or oval, its supposed to be round, i cant seem to find a shop around here that can tuck it up real tight to the tranny, i need to figure something out, this exhaust leak is pissing me off. maybe i should just put a v8 in it, no crossover under the tranny with true duals :D

·
Shit's Weak
1,970 Posts
that probably won't hold you up. your downpipe, especially with a flex pipe installed, would break, bend, or crush under the weight of the truck i think. something else is holding you up. it could be something that you can see when you lay next to the truck, or it could be something like binding balljoints or your cups are too tall. there are a ton of things it could be and you have to just methodically track it down

·
Shit's Weak
1,970 Posts
project2001 said:
im going on my 3rd downpipe on my truck, its not supposed to be flat or oval, its supposed to be round, i cant seem to find a shop around here that can tuck it up real tight to the tranny, i need to figure something out, this exhaust leak is pissing me off. maybe i should just put a v8 in it, no crossover under the tranny with true duals :D

meineke hooked me up. go there. :dunno:

·
436 Posts
it could be a few different things, tire size, drop spindles, a arm on frame, bump stops, little stuff

·
Hola Bitches
4,858 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
ahh ok ...but what I could do ...take off the exhaust and than cut that area off ...get a pipe bent to weld there ...thanks alot ...yea I was kind of hoping maybe that was what was holding me up ...I think it might be the cup ...how do you know if your balljoint is binding or was binding?

·
436 Posts
hey man, what size wheel/tire are you running, do you have drop spindles?

·
Hola Bitches
4,858 Posts
Discussion Starter · #13 ·
no ...no drop spindles ...IM running 17's ... but the pass side LAYS FLATTTT ..like front bumper right on the ground ...than from there all the way to the drivers side it gets a bit higher ...the drivers side is at most 1/4" off the ground ...and it doesnt look right ...also when lifting up the truck the cup on my drivers side pops ...I took it out and it was off centered ...i put the cup in the center of the bag but I havent dropped it down yet im waiting for my 3 link ...

·
Shit's Weak
1,970 Posts
depends on the size tire you are running. and if you have aftermarket or modified control arms.

·
Hola Bitches
4,858 Posts
Discussion Starter · #15 ·
225/45/17

·
Hola Bitches
4,858 Posts
Discussion Starter · #16 ·
no modded or aftermarket LCA's

·
Hola Bitches
4,858 Posts
Discussion Starter · #17 ·
and it doesnt look like its hitting the firewall or anythign ...I guess I have to go crazy and look again ...

·
Hola Bitches
4,858 Posts
Discussion Starter · #19 ·
yea free floating ...

·
Hola Bitches
4,858 Posts
Discussion Starter · #20 ·
only the tops ..the bottoms are tacked on

1 - 20 of 36 Posts