S-10 Forum banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
General L33
1,947 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hey anyone else having this problem w/ gen2 trucks? My driver's door is almost bent out at the top and starting to leak. I can look over my left shoulder and just about see light coming through the door seal.

I keep my truck clean and always keep the seals protected. What's up with the doors?

·
Registered
12,726 Posts
Hotwire said:
Hey anyone else having this problem w/ gen2 trucks? My driver's door is almost bent out at the top and starting to leak. I can look over my left shoulder and just about see light coming through the door seal.

I keep my truck clean and always keep the seals protected. What's up with the doors?
You gotta keep your head outta the door when closing it. :D

Seriously maybe your latch needs adustment I had sorta the same problem on my 1st gen when I got it.

·
Registered
3,105 Posts
Have you owned this truck since it was new? It's hard to believe that your problem is not related to that truck being crashed at one time.

·
Medium Pimpin'
2,403 Posts
check your hinges too they might be coming loose as well....

·
General L33
1,947 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
lmao tha boom, never expected that! you'd think I would have learned the first time... actually it was my wife's who was following me out the door *****in at me.

j/k. I have owned the truck since day one. It has had a couple of bruisers, but nothing major, well, except for the doe I hit at 55. Started doing it after that. Reckon it's reincarnated. The hinges are welded to the cab and door, so no adjustment there. The only thing I can do is replace the pins and bushings, and push in the latch and re tighten it.

I talked w/ the dealership, they say it's a fairly common problem w/ our trucks. Since there is so much stripping up top and no reinforcement in the door it starts bending outward. They say the fix is to sit in the truck, rest your heels on the arm of the door, roll down the window, grab the top of the frame and pull like a mother.. something about that just doesn't set right w/ me.

thanks all.

·
Banned
18,005 Posts
Hotwire said:
lmao tha boom, never expected that! you'd think I would have learned the first time... actually it was my wife's who was following me out the door *****in at me.

j/k. I have owned the truck since day one. It has had a couple of bruisers, but nothing major, well, except for the doe I hit at 55. Started doing it after that. Reckon it's reincarnated. The hinges are welded to the cab and door, so no adjustment there. The only thing I can do is replace the pins and bushings, and push in the latch and re tighten it.

I talked w/ the dealership, they say it's a fairly common problem w/ our trucks. Since there is so much stripping up top and no reinforcement in the door it starts bending outward. They say the fix is to sit in the truck, rest your heels on the arm of the door, roll down the window, grab the top of the frame and pull like a mother.. something about that just doesn't set right w/ me.

thanks all.
is it still under warantee?? if so, tell those jacko's to do that...:D:D:D

D

·
0 Posts
when i had my ruststang.I had the same problem. It leaked and when i open the door it fell a lil bit so i had the pins and bushings changed in the hinges and it never leaked since.

·
a.k.a BoneDaddy
8 Posts
My drivers side door on my 99 Sonoma doesn't leak, but you can hear wind whistling at the top of it at like 60 mph. If you pull the top of the window frame towards you slightly it quits. I've tried grabbing the top of the frame and bending it, but I can't make it stop.

·
Banned
18,005 Posts
oh ****...bad4point3...you just clued me in on a whistle i've been hearing....now i think i know what it is...the dam passenger side door....::cry: :cry: :cry: :cry: :cry: :cry: :cry: :cry: :cry: :cry: :cry: :cry: problems like this, are gonna lead me to :drinkhaha :drinkhaha :drinkhaha :drinkhaha

1 - 10 of 10 Posts