• Yeah

Votes: 34 68.0%
  • Nay

Votes: 12 24.0%
  • WTF you talkin bout willis?

Votes: 1 2.0%
  • i didn't want to post on the poll

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • I don't have a 2nd gen but I want to vote anyway!

Votes: 3 6.0%
1 - 16 of 16 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
In the buying process of my used 2001 X-cab a couple of months ago, driver side door was allowing in enough noice that I could not talk to the dealer at a normal db level. Dealership realigned door. It helped a lot. The alignment of the 3rd door may have something to do with it too.

·
Registered
157 Posts
I get wind noise on the driver side and water on the passenger side.

·
KeepDreaminXtreme
1,514 Posts
wind noise all the time and water if i power wash it or first turn on the wipers when it rains. saw the seal coming off and fixed it, now i just have to replace bushings in the door (worn out) and she should be all set.

·
Got Art?
8,971 Posts
i dont have water but i can tell the seals arent working right, i think im going to get some weatherstripping and redo them soon

·
Pimp in training! I wish!
209 Posts
I added some plain old striping and it stoped the leak but not the wind noise. I also have a tip for those with leaks. A old guy that I work with told me to put windsheld washer line inside of the old seal because they leak from being flatened out the washer line will plump it back up and make it stroger then new.

·
Banned
252 Posts
mine has a slight drip (near the mirror--into the map pocket) when it rains and I am driving, however, the area behind the drivers seat stays wet, but I never see where the water comes from.

·
Forester
39 Posts
i get water and wind in through. it sucks big hairy balls. i think it'll get better when i replace the pins and bushings.

·
Registered
3 Posts
yeah i had the problem,
whats wrong is that the door hinges go bad on blazers and s10's
what you have to do, is remove the door hinge and pins,
weld new ones on
and put the door back on
and itll be fine, its NOT the weatherstripping

·
NO REGRETS
12,378 Posts
yea, mine used to do it until i replaced the pins and bushings in the door. now i have no noise or water.

1 - 16 of 16 Posts