Discussion Starter #4
shutup scott.

thanks tj time to go show parents the auction. :D

·
Teh S10Forum Hawk
14,000 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
i got a question for you guys........

what happens if my battery goes dead, how can i get into my truck?

·
Short Bus Anonymous
7,034 Posts
I have the backup switchs under the hood with a cord coming down from the hood tucked up in there so I know wheres it at, pull it, hood opens!

·
former title junky mod
6,493 Posts
I was thinking about wireing a 9v battery pig tail to one of my solinoids and running it to somewhere under the fender. That way you could just snap a 9v battery onto it and it would open the door. Then I started thinking what if the solinoid goes out. I am going to weld a rod to the rod that goes to the solinoid and run it vetricaly and then put a knob on the end of it. Its going to be mounted so that the knob is right bellow the top of the door. I can then just stick a "slim jim" right in and hit the knob easily. no one else will know where it is or that its there (except for the 15,000 people on here)

·
Teh S10Forum Hawk
14,000 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
futuresweets10 said:
I was thinking about wireing a 9v battery pig tail to one of my solinoids and running it to somewhere under the fender. That way you could just snap a 9v battery onto it and it would open the door. Then I started thinking what if the solinoid goes out. I am going to weld a rod to the rod that goes to the solinoid and run it vetricaly and then put a knob on the end of it. Its going to be mounted so that the knob is right bellow the top of the door. I can then just stick a "slim jim" right in and hit the knob easily. no one else will know where it is or that its there (except for the 15,000 people on here)

:evilg: over to Biloxi MS i go........ :evilg:

·
Got bondo dust?
243 Posts
On my truck I ran a cable from the door latch down through the door and it stops just at the bottom of the door. If anything's not working, I can just pull the cable with a small pair of pliers. That way it's totally mechanical avoiding the problem of something going dead. Being locked out of your own truck blows, it took me two times before I rigged up the cable.

·
Registered
30 Posts
this is how iam going to do mine
run a cable from inside the door (like a brake cable from a bike) tru the door down to bottum of the and back up tru botttum of bad and hook it up to a brake handle from a bike that way all i have to do is reach in the bed and pull it and it opens no soleniods what do you think

1 - 11 of 11 Posts