S-10 Forum banner

1 - 20 of 41 Posts

·
Now i have my real truck!
3,081 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
hey i bought the avs door pushers(not the solenoid and stuff) and they dont push as hard as i would like is there any way that i can make them push harder here they are and here is where i put them

can i find a spring that fits in there that is a little bit stiffer and make it push a little harder iv had them for about 6 months now

·
Banned
3,179 Posts
It looks like you have them at full extension. How far is the door popping open right now? Is the latch relatching itself? If it's not relatching then the plate should help give you a little more kick. If you want your doors to literally fly open, then you need to get our #SDKDP1 coil spring poppers. They aren't the prettiest things, but you can get your doors to swing all the way open. You can actually chop the spring down to put less force on the door. You can also remove the factory coil off your your door hinge to get the door to open a little better. But beware, your door will no longer hold itself in the fully open position anymore.

·
3,081 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
well if i have it on level concrete the drivers side door will open withough relatching itself(i would like for it to open just a little bit more, but the passengers side door relatches itself evertime iv greased them like crazy also ya'll should just sale springs that fit in there, and have different ones by how far they push the door open

·
3,081 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
ok now im having a pretty big problem i think that it is the design in the pushers, they unscrew there selves over time today the drivers side door end came off too, im going to get some from somewhere else or try something different, anybody have this problem

·
Banned
3,179 Posts
Sorry Im waiting to hear back from the tech....you can try moving them to another location...the ones in my fullsize where mounted in the same spot with no problem...on my sonoma i have them mounted where the rest of the 94+ guys mount them near the latch. it seems to work fine.

1 - 20 of 41 Posts