S-10 Forum banner
1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
1,261 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Ok, i need a reasonably priced door popper kit for my s10. I need the kit for somehwere around the $100-140 range. What kits are good to buy? I found some complete Protocol kits on sd.com and ebay for a good price, but a friend told me they were junk and that they catch fire, is that true? He said SPAL kits are usually pretty good. What do you guys reccomend? I dont want any problems outta this install...
- Mike

·
Searching no more
2,467 Posts
thepunkerguy said:
Ok, i need a reasonably priced door popper kit for my s10. I need the kit for somehwere around the $100-140 range. What kits are good to buy? I found some complete Protocol kits on sd.com and ebay for a good price, but a friend told me they were junk and that they catch fire, is that true? He said SPAL kits are usually pretty good. What do you guys reccomend? I dont want any problems outta this install...
- Mike
Do a search. Most people on here recommend spal, and that's probably what I'll go with once I get some other stuff done first.

·
Registered
1,261 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
How many pound solenoids do i need, will the 35-40lb kit be good or do i need more power than that for our doors?
- Mike

1 - 3 of 3 Posts