S-10 Forum banner

1 - 20 of 21 Posts

·
Registered
2,830 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Here are the doorpanels i finished this weekend. I decided to put tweeters where the old manual window cranks were because 1. i needed to install some tweeters and 2. i didnt' want to sand everything down and loose the texture of the doorpanel after fiberglassing.
The top part of the door is black vinyl and bottom was sprayed w/ promoter and semi gloss bumper paint after masking.
Let me know what you think. - Gianni

·
Registered
2,830 Posts
Discussion Starter #2
Next Step on the interior Is getting black carpet and re-doing the seats so that the centers are black for the 2 tone effect. ( this is all next paycheck)

·
Trance is what I breathe
926 Posts
Hey man that looks super clean. Nice job!

·
stock is the new fixed up
530 Posts
looks good, 2 tone effect is comming along nicely. once the covers for the door handle go on over the black it really sets it off. good job.

how did you separate and then fasten the 2 door panel pieces, looks like the sort of melted plastic rivit kinda deal. :dunno:

how much is it for the seats redone?

·
Registered
1,917 Posts
I like it....looks really clean. :thumbup:

·
s10***** whore.
1,118 Posts
real dumb question... how do u get ur windows down... i see how u took off the crtank so does that mean ur going power?? n where are u gonna mount them?

·
Registered
2,830 Posts
Discussion Starter #11 (Edited)
l

Ya i installed power windows. The back are plastic rivits, i just used a heat gun directly on each rivet and pulled them out, then re-heated them and made them skinnier so they would fit back through the origional hole to re-heat again and tighten.

power window wiring pic. I took the motors out of an 02 blazer xtreme that had rolled and i found in the junkyard. The switches are from a 96 2 dr cavalier, and all the wiring i did myself:

And for the seats, i got myself another pair of the factory seat covers (whats on it now) and i am gonna use black fabric spray, because i heard that has turned out nice. If it doesnt, i can then take it somewhere to have teh fabric re-done. But for a 17 year old, attempting the fabric paint that i've seen work great is deff worth the risk. I'll post pics when i get that done

·
No more switches
13,451 Posts
wow dude those panels looks great, again i know i said it before. U just hot glue them to stay on?

·
Registered
2,830 Posts
Discussion Starter #17
i dont know what the kit is. I got the motors and arms from the junkyard and the switches from teh junkyard, had to figure out the wire color codes and wire. wasn't too bad at all

·
Registered
335 Posts
Looks nice man, but how are you gonna put the black in the middle of the seat cause I also want to go for the two tone affect?

Thanks

·
Registered
2,830 Posts
Discussion Starter #19
fabric spray paint. Sounds cheesy but i have 2 sets of seat covers so its worth a shot. i'll let you know how it turns out

1 - 20 of 21 Posts