S-10 Forum banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Negative 10
22,389 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
alright i have this idea. dont know if it will work or not tho. and even if it will i dont really know about how to go about doing it. ok. i want suicide doors. would it work to take the left hinge and put it on the rigght door and oposit? that way it opens the other way.

·
V8ing the Dime
178 Posts
I don't think that is gonna work for you at all. There are some sort of jeep hinges that I have seen some use for like the rear tailgate hinges. But the best idea would be save yourself a real headache and buy a kit plenty of them out there.

·
-=Hand Made=-
418 Posts
alright i have this idea. dont know if it will work or not tho. and even if it will i dont really know about how to go about doing it. ok. i want suicide doors. would it work to take the left hinge and put it on the rigght door and oposit? that way it opens the other way.
That is the origanl way of doing suicide doors before the 90 degree hinges came out. people would get a second set of doors and cut the hinges sides out and strikers and swap them from side to side.

·
s-series #2?
2004 Blazer ZR2 w/ nv3500, 5.3 LM4 swap
24,783 Posts
itl be a lot more work to get it to not hit anywhere but yes, anything would be possible

·
-=Hand Made=-
418 Posts
so its possible?

oh yea it is, but it is more work, and the doors only will open the amount they do now but backwards which seems ok till you try getting out with the dash in the corner. if anything just buy some 90 degree hinges from fbi for 110 if you cant afford the better ones and use your original strikers and latches

1 - 8 of 8 Posts