S-10 Forum banner
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
249 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
i was wondering if anyone has made door hinges like jeeps have where you can take the door off easly and do not have to take out a pin and spring. i just thought it would be cool while wheeling and diffrent on an s10. thanks

·
i saw what you did there!
3,573 Posts
im not sure how you could since the hinges are in the jamb area and not external like on the jeeps unless you physically convert to jeep style hinges hmm

good Q

id like to do this on mine since the original hinges are totally shot and not repairable

but i just dont see an easy way of going about it

·
Registered
1,679 Posts
Done it on my toyota truck I just used some bolts a little smaller then the factory pins with a hole in the end with cotter pins through them. Pretty quick to take off a little hard to get back on by your self though

·
ASE certified MasterTech
8,695 Posts
id like to do this on mine since the original hinges are totally shot and not repairable
If you can weld, pretty much anything metal can be repaired...........If the holes are oblonged, weld them closed, grind it smooth, drill new hole, fixed.

·
Registered
192 Posts
but the s10's have a spring in the door what would you do about that
Two choices.

A) Dont put the spring back in. It just holds the door open all the way so it doenst come slamming on your leg trying to get out. I dont have springs on my doors because the PO took them out.

B) Put the spring back in. Compress that cock sucker and it just sits in a groove. Done.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts