S-10 Forum banner

1 - 19 of 19 Posts

·
General L33
1,947 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Ya'll I really truly feel sorry for you. GM made a huge mistake puttin these little four bangers in this truck. I just rode in a '01 ext. cab 5 spd. His first gear pulls like my fourth gear. It even has 4.11s in it. and, he's only getting 22 mpg... :confused: I was close to that stock.

Just wanted to drop a line and really apologize for gm, what where they thinking :( :confused:

·
Moving Violationz NE Member
354 Posts
u have to remember that he has an ext cab as well. The X cabs are alot slower than the reg cabs.

I have a 4cyls and I'm happy with the snap I get out of 1,2,3,
There obviously is a difference with the V6

But what are you to expect with a 4cyl with 120HP at the fly.

·
I'm in hot puuurrrsuit!!
227 Posts
Yeah well if I had to do it over again I would have gotten the V6 and supercharged it, but thats life. I'm happy with my truck, and thats all that counts. If I was worried about racing I wouldn't have gotten a V6 Xtreme either, I would have got a Z28
:idea: :idea: :idea: :idea: :idea: :idea: :idea: :idea:

·
Registered
3,105 Posts
It's not how fast you go but how you look getting there. My truck turns enough heads as it is, without being fast. Besides, I drive 90 miles a day and I'm fine with my 27 mpg.

·
354 Posts
true dat!!!

Im into all SHOW AND NO GO!!!

i don;t car ebaout how fast I can go but I like to DRIVE IT LIKE I STOLE IT though. Plus i tool with other people to make them think it hauls with the muffler and the hood and so on

·
General L33
1,947 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
yeah, but haven't any of you ridden in a z28 or anything with some balls and just drool?

Like I said, I didn't want to get ya'll pissed, I see plenty of you all contradicting yourselves, in other posts you talk about how you get whooped by granny in her wheel chair, I was just saying, damn, couldn't gm put anything else out there? I've owned 2 four bangers, an 85 plymouth turismo, which couldn't get out of it's own way, and a 96 Pontiac Grand Am w/ the Quad 4, that little mother would scoot! Would lay posi in first and second w/ the front end going all over the place, then grab third. Now why didn't they throw something like that in the trucks? I know the quads didn't have much torque, but I guarantee they'd kill what you have now.

ya'll be good.

·
Registered
3,105 Posts
Hotwire said:
yeah, but haven't any of you ridden in a z28 or anything with some balls and just drool?

Like I said, I didn't want to get ya'll pissed, I see plenty of you all contradicting yourselves, in other posts you talk about how you get whooped by granny in her wheel chair, I was just saying, damn, couldn't gm put anything else out there? I've owned 2 four bangers, an 85 plymouth turismo, which couldn't get out of it's own way, and a 96 Pontiac Grand Am w/ the Quad 4, that little mother would scoot! Would lay posi in first and second w/ the front end going all over the place, then grab third. Now why didn't they throw something like that in the trucks? I know the quads didn't have much torque, but I guarantee they'd kill what you have now.

ya'll be good.
It's not like you don't have an option as to which engine you buy. I purposely bought my truck with 4cyl engine it. I've probably owned more vehicles then you even think about having, most of them with BIG motors. I'm content with what I have and most others are too.

·
I'm in hot puuurrrsuit!!
227 Posts
I've been in a Corvette & Z28 which was what I went to the dealership to look at before buying the Xtreme. The insurrance was to high for a unmarried 20yr old male to be driving a 310hp V8. So I looked at the Xtremes instead, 4 banger and all, lol

·
354 Posts
I'm not getting pissed. I know there not that fast but they go ok

The thread about the granny in a walker was obviously a joke. They are busting on eachother. There not that slow, I think everyone can run in the 17 for the 1/4 mile considering the 4.3 is only 2 seconds faster( without mods).

·
Paint Needing Mofo
639 Posts
I'll tell you why GM puts the 2.2 in our trucks. It's because GM's engine program was WEAK and they have thousands of them that they have to put somewhere. Hell, all US auto manufacturers have weak engine programs compared to foreign auto makers. Thank god GM finally pulled their heads out of their asses and come out with the new inlines!

PS: you say you're not trying to ruffle any feathers... yet you say " I know the quads didn't have much torque, but I guarantee they'd kill what you have now." in our beloved 4banger forum. sheesh man, I can make a list of hundreds of engines that outperform our 2.2s. But I won't, cuz it's kinda pointless.

Just so you know, i'm not upset, i just don't see the point. It's not our fault that GM doesn't have a decent 4banger in S-series trucks. The only reason I bought one, is cuz i am poor.:(

sorry for the novel...

·
General L33
1,947 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
:D lol, I know. I couldn't think of any other way to bring it about, I was just left open jawed. I really didn't mean to piss anyone off. I am sorry I offended anyone. I wasn't thinking when I posted.

Pewter, I am sure have owned a lot of "BIG" engine cars, more than I have ever though about owning. I didn't say that you had not. :rolleyes: Don't get a complex. I am not gunning you down.

Ya'll just sit back and enjoy your mpg. I ***** about mine all the time, I should have gotten the four banger myself.

I was just trying to side w/ ya'll, saying, DAMN GM! but, since I have turned out to be an ass, reckon, I'll just quit coming to the 4 banger forum...

·
Registered
3,105 Posts
NO harm, No Foul. It's all good. Nothing like a good heated discussion every now and then.;)

·
Paint Needing Mofo
639 Posts
i wasn't offended man... i was just throwing in my .02. I too wish that GM would've had a better 4cyl... but i'm gonna hafta settle for what i got.

·
Registered
14 Posts
Hotwire...

I don't mean to bring this argument back up again, but the 4.3L aren't all that fast to begin w/either. My 2.2L can run w/one now, and I still have not spent as much on mine as I would have w/the 4.3L. Granted there is more potential w/the 4.3L (i.e. blowers), but not everyone buys cars/trucks for speed. And like stated earlier, its not a matter of being fast, its a matter of looking good first, speed is a byproduct. If I were on a two lane road in my weak GM "four banger" and you were behind me in a V6 and we were racing, I would still win, because I wouldn't let you pass me. Plus, the V6 is qucker, not faster. You may be able to accelerate at a better rate, but we still have the same top speed, so in reality, you are no faster than I. Nuff said, happy flaming... :rolleyes: Aren't wwe on the same team here, or is teh V6 a higher social class???

·
General L33
1,947 Posts
Discussion Starter #15
Re: Hotwire...

ThaX said:
Plus, the V6 is qucker, not faster. You may be able to accelerate at a better rate, but we still have the same top speed, so in reality, you are no faster than I. Nuff said, happy flaming... :rolleyes: Aren't wwe on the same team here, or is teh V6 a higher social class???
there is no higher social class, we are all in this together. I wasn't flaming, like I said earlier. I truly believe that GM could have done a little better than what they did. I know the 4.3s aren't fast, they could have done alot better with them too, I didn't say they were. With all the technology there is today, you'd think they could build a motor that was a little more efficient. 120hp at the flywheel and 22mpg?? That's friggin ridiculous! Look at honda and the vtec, the little si civics could bust my ass in a heart beat, nasty, and like the earlier stated GM quad 4.

The guy I rode with really had to run the motor out to get up to highway cruising speed without having someone sharing his rear bumper. I was just slack jawed... DID NOT MEAN TO OFFEND ANYONE!

I was exclaiming the GM has their heads up their asses when they threw this motor in the truck. Even when the put it in the blazers, what were they thinking? The ony way to get up to 70 was to draft a semi. Next thing you know they'll be putting the 3 banger metro motors in caprices....

besides, I have the hpp+, speed limiter shuts me down at 128.. what were you saying?? ;) lol.

jeez, everybody is so up at arms.. did I miss something?

·
Banned
6,652 Posts
Look, I have a 4.3L. It's slow.

I'm looking at a Zonda Z12s - if ya play GT3, you know what it looks like. Next car will probably be a camaro SS.

·
Registered
1 Posts
Well I finally got tired of sitting on the sidelines and letting Hotwire dog my truck ! I called him out to race the other day and I won ! Just so happens he took a road to the bottom of the mountain :eek: I took the cliff !

I may be slow, but **** I look good when I finally do show up !

What do you think about my next mod ?

Attachments

1 - 19 of 19 Posts