S-10 Forum banner
1 - 20 of 29 Posts

·
Registered
1,679 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Long story short my buddy bought this truck on Thursday wrecked it on Saturday. I was following him on the interstate running about 75-80 in the rain and out of nowhere the rear of the truck picked up and it got sideways. I braked and managed to get in the median without loosing it and he hit the gaurdrail went airborne and flipped a few times then landed on its side. Got over to him and he was crawling out few bruises and scratches but I cant say the same for the truck

The day he brought it home

After I got him out waitin on the cops

·
Registered
238 Posts
HOLY CRAP

Shame what happened to the truck, Good thing no one was seriously hurt.

·
B4U Task Force Admin
30,314 Posts
Glad he's ok...natural selection comes to mind...:rolleyes:

·
Ridin' on Twankies
3,619 Posts
damn.

so what was said to be the cause of the accident?

·
Founding member of DA
5,240 Posts
sounds like speeding in foul weather caused him to hydroplane
glad hes okay it was a nice truck

·
Registered
14,881 Posts
holy hell that sucks! doesnt look like there's a single reusable body panel left on that thing.. well except maybe the motor and tranny.

·
Registered
1,679 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
Speed limit was 70 we were doing around 75 which was a little fast for the wet conditions. Cop wrote it up as he hydroplaned. Very few parts are worth saving on it the motor and tranny seem to be ok, some of the interior is ok, and the fog lights other than that its gone. I would love the motor and trans but probably not going to happen

·
when in doubt lay it out
3,463 Posts
Glad he's ok...natural selection comes to mind...:rolleyes:
:werd: speedlimit is 70... so its wet conditions and your going to run 5 over? at 55 you lose contact with the road which is considered hydroplaning. I learned that in science/math class:haha:

anyway that sucks about the truck poor NBS :( and glad to hear your buddy is okay.

·
when in doubt lay it out
3,463 Posts
i learned my lesson about driving fast in the rain when me and my buddy got stuck in traffic outside of nashville. he hit the gas at about 20 mph and the car just broke loose and the speedometer hit 90. it was in a civic lol

·
Registered
42 Posts
I wrecked my BMW on the autobahn doing 140 (240km). I was lucky to walk out alive. not a scratch or bruise. I couldnt find the hood or 2 tires after the wreck. I got a huge ticket. Same thing, wet conditions and driving too fast. I learned my lesson since then.

·
retardicon
1,726 Posts
he left his lights on... that sucks tho for real. glad hes okay.

·
Yes?
63 Posts
that nearly happened to me once going about 45 in the rain I just spun out into the right shoulder though, the rain can be brutal

1 - 20 of 29 Posts