S-10 Forum banner

dome override question

2K views 13 replies 10 participants last post by  Chevy 4 Life 
#1 ·
i have a 98 zr2. my buddy has a 00' 2wd s10. he can press his dome override a few times and it will turn his daytime running lights off. mine wont do it?

#2 ·
doesn't work in '98's. I think it started in '99...we're stuck with DRL unless you get in there and play with the 'lectrical stuff.

-sloe

#3 ·
then whats the dome ovvereide for? just the dome lights? damn.

#5 ·
yes.. pull the black "fuse lookin thing" and bam! no more drls.. very easy to do! im still trying to find the stuff needed to do my auto nigt lights. cant find resistrs that strong in my area.. radio shack didnt have them and neither did the electric outlet store

#8 · (Edited)
rbryant4 said:
yes.. pull the black "fuse lookin thing" and bam! no more drls.. very easy to do! im still trying to find the stuff needed to do my auto nigt lights. cant find resistrs that strong in my area.. radio shack didnt have them and neither did the electric outlet store
PM me your address I should have some.I can spring for a 37 cent stamp.Nevermind just looked.I got 8 that will do 2000 and up but none for a 98.

#12 ·
i just dont like having daytime running lights... i guess ill go tap into that DRL fuse wires and hook a switch up so i can turn them off and on when i want. dont worry i know what im doing! lol

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.