S-10 Forum banner
1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Banned
2,361 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
i have a 98 zr2. my buddy has a 00' 2wd s10. he can press his dome override a few times and it will turn his daytime running lights off. mine wont do it?

·
Texan by Marriage
127 Posts
doesn't work in '98's. I think it started in '99...we're stuck with DRL unless you get in there and play with the 'lectrical stuff.

-sloe

·
Banned
2,361 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
then whats the dome ovvereide for? just the dome lights? damn.

·
sold the dime :(
4,586 Posts
yes.. pull the black "fuse lookin thing" and bam! no more drls.. very easy to do! im still trying to find the stuff needed to do my auto nigt lights. cant find resistrs that strong in my area.. radio shack didnt have them and neither did the electric outlet store

·
Damn right I'm a maniac.
9,571 Posts
My 97 just had a fuse for the DRLs. Right there in the fuse box on the side of the dash. I havent had DRLs for about 4 years :haha:

·
ZR2 member
1,899 Posts
rbryant4 said:
yes.. pull the black "fuse lookin thing" and bam! no more drls.. very easy to do! im still trying to find the stuff needed to do my auto nigt lights. cant find resistrs that strong in my area.. radio shack didnt have them and neither did the electric outlet store
PM me your address I should have some.I can spring for a 37 cent stamp.Nevermind just looked.I got 8 that will do 2000 and up but none for a 98.

·
Banned
2,361 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
i just dont like having daytime running lights... i guess ill go tap into that DRL fuse wires and hook a switch up so i can turn them off and on when i want. dont worry i know what im doing! lol

·
Registered
152 Posts
doesnt work on 99 either i had a 00 once and it had the dome swick ding thing but my 99 doesnt. i kinda dont like the drls either

1 - 14 of 14 Posts