S-10 Forum banner
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

· Registered
25 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hey all I seem to be having many issues that I can’t pin point. so I’ve made a lot of posts recently my apologies I am trying eveything I can think of.

So my 2003 GMC Sonoma is having issues with the interior lights. my dimmer switch is not all the way up and when the doors are shut and locked the dome light stays on. When I open the doors and press my dome override switch off the lights do turn off but I would like them to work correctly. I have changed my door jamb switches on both sides but it didn’t solve my problem. Another issue I noticed once this happened was my radio used to stay on once the engine was off until my door was opened then it would shut off but now it just shuts off as soon as I turn the key off. All my fuses are okay I’m thinking it may be my dinner switch it self maybe ? I’m at a loss of how to fix it. If you have any suggestions I appreciate it. And thank you in advance

· Been there Done it
16,225 Posts
That year truck has retained accessory power and it is normal for the interior light to stay on after the door is closed. It will shut off in a short time.

· Registered
25 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
That year truck has retained accessory power and it is normal for the interior light to stay on after the door is closed. It will shut off in a short time.
hey thanks for the reply !

That’s what I was thinking it was so i let the truck sit for half hour but the lights still didn’t go off. And that’s when I noticed the Radio turning off right away after turning my key off instead of staying on until I opened my door like before.

Hmmmm I’ll try leaving them again to see if they shut off, as for the radio I don’t know why it’s all the sudden shutting off right away instead of staying on until I open the door

· Been there Done it
16,225 Posts
For the radio check fuse 24 in the dash fuse panel. It's the radio's RAP.
1.Do you have the stock radio? DIY radio swaps often cause these type issues.
2.Does the dome light ever shut off? 3.If so when? Key on? or running? or when headlights are on?
4.If you shut the radio off does it effect the dome light?

Reactions: Felix2000

· Registered
25 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
For the radio check fuse 24 in the dash fuse panel. It's the radio's RAP.
1.Do you have the stock radio? DIY radio swaps often cause these type issues.
2.Does the dome light ever shut off? 3.If so when? Key on? or running? or when headlights are on?
4.If you shut the radio off does it effect the dome light?
I do have an aftermarket radio I bought and used the radio wiring harness for it. it’s been in there for awhile worked correctly before then all the sudden stopped.

the dome light will shut off once I press the dome override button but if I don’t press that it won’t shut off and once I press it again the dome light then stays on.

and oh I never tried Turing it off to see if it had any effects on the light I’ll try that and see if it makes any difference

· time to get cereal
7,605 Posts
I'm going to guess that your door switch on the side of the dash is busted. Would explain the domelight and the lack of RAP.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.