S-10 Forum banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
133 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I replaced my door speakrs and after i put my door panels back on my dome light wont shut off. and im pretty sure its the driver side, because i did the passenger first and it was fine. is there some sensor or latch or something on the door i hit when i took my panels off?

·
E. J.
75 Posts
Check to see if the plug, in the door panel, is pushing the switch in far enough. The switch next to the fuse box, on the side of the dash, facing the door.

Funny this should happen to you, at about the same time my son's '97 Blazer, wouldn't turn off the "key in/ door open" alarm. This just started happening, when the weather turned really cold. With the door open, and the key in the ignition, if I pushed the switch plunger in, everything works fine. That plug has a bit of a worn spot, from rubbing against the switch. We're going to either, a) replace the plug, or b) build up the surface, so it pushes the plunger in farther.

Good luck, with yours. Let us know how it comes out.

·
Registered
133 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
oh yeah duh i didnt think that plug was for anything and removed it and just threw it aside. never realized it was actully for something, thanks a lot for the help!

·
E. J.
75 Posts
To quote a famous American...

DOH! :banghead:

Glad to help.

Hang in there.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts