S-10 Forum banner

1 - 20 of 22 Posts

·
Slingin ink
6,349 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
yeah, its impossible to get a clear pic because the light. It looks a lot better in person. and I replaced the reading lights in the mirror and the lights under the dash to red lights as well. I can still use the lights because their kind of bright. there cool for night cruising.

·
Slingin ink
6,349 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
for the flame design, i found that either construction paper or cardstock works best. I used black paper and just cut out the flame design. you can go to wal-mart, autozone, or pep-boys to get the bulbs. ill try to get the bulb nubers tommorow. to take them out is simple. the dome light , just pull the cover off and i used my key and put it behind the bulb and just kind of pull it out. The reading lights in the rear view mirror are done the same way.They take the same size bulb as the dome light. if you turn on your inside lights and look under the dash, their is one one the driver sid and passenger side. these are little round bulbs. I bought a 4 pack of red bulbs that had 2 round ones , a small one, and a long one for the dome light. then i bought a two pack of red bome light bulbs for the mirror.

·
Slingin ink
6,349 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
dome light and rearview mirror bulbs are 211-2
the bulbs under the dash can be replaced with 194(the original bulbs were bigger)

·
Xtreme Imagez, Central KS
47 Posts
another option, i used gel bulb covers, they accomplish the same thing, just cheaper. cost me $6 to cover every interior light with green covers. they're available at autozone. also, i like the flame idea, i'm about to go try that my self.

·
The S-10 Scrub
417 Posts
lol, when i first had my truck i took all teh bulbs out, used a transparent red color and painted them all spray paint rattle can style :p and it was tight as hell untill the paint started to melt off :p Bulbs are ez to get out, i had them all out in 20mins, but i couldget the the glovebox out for the life of me. My hands arnt that small.

Oh ya, those flames are sick, makes me wanna go get some construction paper and start right away on mine :-D is it just sitting in there? or tapped or something?

·
Registered
8,614 Posts
Autozone bulbs fade you need bulbs that are stained glass and they won't fade but they are hard to find in 211-20 which is the dome lite and reading lamps. That floor board lights 194 are fairly easy to find in staind glass. Autoi.com carry's good colored bulbs

·
Just a member
6,626 Posts
I did something similar to that a while back, but I am running blue bulbs. I have all of my interior lights replaced with blue ones.

1 - 20 of 22 Posts