S-10 Forum banner
1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Camaro Owner, S10 Lover.
148 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Ok. I went to go install my blocks for the rear. Well, I look at the instructions and the picture shows the leaf springs above the axle. Well, I have an Xtreme, and my leaf springs go UNDER my axle. Where do I mount the blocks then. On top of beneath the axle? The picture shows the blocks on top. Thanks a lot.

John

·
Registered
2,850 Posts
blocks go under the axle if you are using the 3 inch blocks have to get the taperd ones because pinion angle will be off. did you already lower your truck with leafs because im looking at your sig and it says 2 3 drop. if you have the 3 inch leafs and 3 inch blocks you are gonna have to do a few more things to make it work right. brackets have to go and the rear brake line might need to get bent or the axle will hit the canister box and snap the line. also you need to get a c notch because it will be hitting really hard against the frame

·
Camaro Owner, S10 Lover.
148 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Tony-

I put the 2/3 drop in my sig since Ive had the kit for awhile. I havent installed it yet. Im JUST getting around to installing it. So, as it sits right now the a$$ end is jacked up and the suspension is stock. They are 3" regular blocks. They dont look like they are angled or anything?

The belltech part # says 6200. Is that the correct one? Thanks.

John

·
Camaro Owner, S10 Lover.
148 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Yea, my truck is a regular cab. Are you referring to the bump stop brackets? I finally saw those badboys, they ar HUGE. They actually looked red to me. If those arent the brackets you were talking about, which ones are you referring to? Thanks.

John:thumbup:

·
Camaro Owner, S10 Lover.
148 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Here is a picture of my truck before a few of the mods listed. mainly tint, and clear corners. It looks low be cause im guessing ive got 34000 miles on it. Also I have a rear rollpan and the spare taken out. So, it sits at a racked stance. Looks higher in the a$$.

Attachments

·
Registered
2,850 Posts
on some it doesnt matter on others it does. ive done 3 s10s ext cab were they bought the flat block and it vibrate the 6202 belltech block fixed that fine.

as for single cabs ive done both set ups with a degree taper and without it and its fine. like the extended cab there have been a few cases also where the tapered block helped

tony

·
A Constant Work in Progress
1,088 Posts
LayinSonomaFrame said:
Tony, you CAN use the regular 3" drop blocks on an Ext cab. I did and have had no problems. To be safe, I even had my friend and his dad who own there own auto mech shop check my driveshaft angle and testdrive it. They said its off by such a minute amount that I don't even need to worry about it. :thumbup:
same here....i put the 6200 blocks on my ext. cab X the other day and havn't had probs yet

1 - 13 of 13 Posts