S-10 Forum banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
2,915 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
My gf got a 02 cavalier back in may. It had like 15k miles on it and now it has like 25k. Anyways, the A/C when its running, will be on good for a while, then it will stop blowing cold for a few minutes, then it will go back to cold, and do the same thing, on and off, but will be blowing the whole time, whether it be hot or cold air. This is at highway speed mind you, not idle.

The drivers door makes a hell of alot of noise when driving on the highway, I realized why tonite, the weather stripping was cut wrong and its too big or something, so the plastic black strip that goes on the end of the door to seal everything in doesnt stick down all the way and i was pulling on it to push the weather sealing back in to try to get it to go down all the way, when I realized the glue holding it down is so bad that I could almost pull the whole thing off with no effort. So there is a nice gap there where air could get in and cause alot of noise.

Tonite we pull into my driveway and im like damn, I never saw power windows that take so long to go up. Shes like yea the motors are bad or something I guess. No sooner than she says that the passenger side window wont go up anymore when you push the button. Luckily I turned the car on and off and it finally went up all the way, but they are still the slowest power windows I have ever seen.

BTW, it has a sunroof, the interior is graphite, and the ceiling is tan. So they apparently replaced the roof with one that had a sunroof in it, but since they didnt have any with the right color, they used the tan instead of graphite.

So does anyone here think the person who owned it before brought it back with a ton of problems, they just patched it up and resold the lemon?

·
Registered
2,915 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Alright that might not be a bad idea. I remember seeing a few things about it that made me think that it had been in an accident. I dont recall what they are right now, i would have to look again. But i definately remember looking at a few things and thinking to myself that it looked like it had been replaced.

·
Teh S10Forum Hawk
14,000 Posts
You should find someone with a carfax account.. (or search the internet.. sometimes you can put in a promotional code and get like 1 free search) www.carfax.com it will give you everything that you want to know about it.. :thumbup:

·
I BURN THINGS
5,880 Posts
Cloudguy said:
My gf got a 02 cavalier back in may. It had like 15k miles on it and now it has like 25k. Anyways, the A/C when its running, will be on good for a while, then it will stop blowing cold for a few minutes, then it will go back to cold, and do the same thing, on and off, but will be blowing the whole time, whether it be hot or cold air. This is at highway speed mind you, not idle.
the a/c might be over chagered and causing it to build up too much pressure. May also be a bad high pressure switch in the a/c line.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts