S-10 Forum banner
1 - 20 of 26 Posts

·
stupid regular cab!!
1,474 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
very much or at all?!?!?

it has a tear in the middle if u cant see it very well....just wondering how it affects it....if it does? thanks alot i appreciate any help:) can also msg me on aim if u want "inf1nite"

·
stupid regular cab!!
1,474 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
oh ok thanks...it just weakens the sub as in durability/lasting longer...or sound?!?! is there anything to fix it?!?! so hopefully that wont be too much of a problem? thanks again for ur help:)

·
Registered
1,438 Posts
Will prob make it sound like it rattles , I had one do that when it got hit and it sounded like crap . but that 3 year warranty on Memphis is great ..

·
Registered
630 Posts
well i would take a lil sheet of fiber glass and some fiberglass resin and try that but lol if you can a fford w-7"s just go buy a new one lol

·
Outta my mind
1,289 Posts
I know this sounds pretty ghetto and it is, but i duct taped my 15" after putting my elbow through it

still sounds ok too, it looks like absolute shit but it still hits good and hard.

·
stupid regular cab!!
1,474 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
hmmm....cuz i wouldnt mind tryin to buy that one instead of a new one cuz those things are expensive...just wondering what i could do bout it...lol...but thanks so far...still not sure what to do bout it:) appreciate it of course!!

·
Registered
2,661 Posts
Aparently its a little known fact around here (jab jab :p) that W7's have a dual cone setup. Think of the outer cone (shown in your pic) and a very large dustcap. It does not experience the pressure generated inside the enclosure, nor does it do any sealing between the inner and outer spaces the speaker resides in. If the integrity of the real cone underneath is not compromised, it wont likely affect anything beyond possible noise from the material flapping/rubbing/whatever.

·
Registered
325 Posts
^^^ What he said. If you're that bothered by, just run a little epoxy over it.

·
Got Boost?
1,276 Posts
ive got a 10w7 for sale that needs to go! check out classifieds!

·
S-Clusive Next Gen.
179 Posts
yea one good thing about the w7's is the dual cone i had 2 in my cavalier and one looked almost just like that still pounded.

·
Truck is toast :-/
2,949 Posts
hell... i put a drill screwdriver through the surround of an old polk once. Siliconed it shut and worked as good as new, no audible problems whatsoever, and volume was certainly not comprimised.

·
drunk and bored
31,626 Posts
audioholic said:
Aparently its a little known fact around here (jab jab :p) that W7's have a dual cone setup. Think of the outer cone (shown in your pic) and a very large dustcap. It does not experience the pressure generated inside the enclosure, nor does it do any sealing between the inner and outer spaces the speaker resides in. If the integrity of the real cone underneath is not compromised, it wont likely affect anything beyond possible noise from the material flapping/rubbing/whatever.
i still like a driver without a hole in it:cool:

·
Registered
2,661 Posts
painttoad said:
i still like a driver without a hole in it:cool:
Yes, if I had my choice, Id chose a sub with no more holes in it than it was originally designed to have. But we dont always have the choice. ;)

Ive yet to poke a hole in a sub while mounting it (or elbow etc). Knock on wood. :D

1 - 20 of 26 Posts