S-10 Forum banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
364 Lq9 in the works..
1,083 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
a regular amp wiring kit i need one for my MTX 4122 amp and i was thinking about going to get one if its a descent price??

i know stores vary from pricing (example best buy & car toys)

·
Registered
6,374 Posts
get a distro block at bestbuy or circuit chitty
get your wire at Home depot I know 6 gauge is 25 cents a foot there im sure 4 gauge or 2 gauge isnt that much more
save some serious cash doing it that way i know i have bought a kit before i knew the pricing at the depot and for a shorter stretch of 4 gauge i paid more than double...

·
364 Lq9 in the works..
1,083 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
so hutch do u know if 2 gauge would be the best way to go??? does it make a difference?

can u explain to me what a distro block is??

this is my first time at systems and i really dont know whats included in a amp kit??

·
Registered
14,881 Posts
check out walmart. they have a 4 gauge wiring kit for only 25 bucks, it includes power ground remote, conectors... everything except the rcas i believe.

·
Registered
6,374 Posts
Smacked if you wanna make the drive with all the parts and stuff and come out to Mesquite any time next week we can run to the Depot and ill teach you all about it..

Distro block is a fuse block so you can wire up more than 1 amp on a single wire and you need the fuses in line anyhow just as a precaution for the amp..

if you are running multiple amps on a single line id say 0 or 2 gauge for just 1 amp 2 or 4 gauge is good but you still need a good fuse inline

The gauge of the wire does make a difference.. the longer a wire is the more resistance it has... therefore by havea thicker wire you lessen the resistance over the distance it is run therefore giving better current to the amp making it more stable.. im currently running 4 gauge to my amp and 4 to my battery for the remote mount battery

but if you want to come out here im right off of 635 so its easy to find i can help you runn the wires and everything but being thanxgiving week im pretty busy for the rest of this weekend but im not working at the moment so any time next week would be fine
and i have pretty much any tool we would need here but i cant go anywhere because my truck just started runnign again so the stickers on it are way out and not in the mood for any tickets...

·
364 Lq9 in the works..
1,083 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
HuTcH said:
Smacked if you wanna make the drive with all the parts and stuff and come out to Mesquite any time next week we can run to the Depot and ill teach you all about it..

but i cant go anywhere because my truck just started runnign again so the stickers on it are way out and not in the mood for any tickets...
lol thats whats wrong with my truck i just recently actually last saturday put in a used new transmission and a brand new clutch i still have to go get my truck inspected too but yeah after i get my exhaust reworked and inspected i wouldnt mind meeting up with you but it looks like its going to be near january before im going to start driving only reason why is im wanting to save up and get all my body mods painted and ready to go :evilg: but if sometime in january i would really appericate the learning if thats good for u??

·
Registered
6,374 Posts
In january im prolly gonan be working again... but well see right now is a good time to do it as im not working at all
you can always hit me on aim bighutch21 or yahoo bmxhutch77 and we can work something out

1 - 8 of 8 Posts