S-10 Forum banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
278 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
So ive been driving the car around for like the last month with signs in the windows, you know trying to sell it. And then tonite i took the truck out for drive and after not driving it for awhile i noticed how rough it really rides. Its a zq8 + 2/3 and compared to the car which has irs, the truck feels like the back end really jumps and skips over bumps.
Now i'm planning on baggin the truck very soon, and i was wondering when you have a 4 link and bags, does the back end ride ok, or are you limited somewhat cause its still a solid axle?
And when you go with a irs setup in our trucks, does it make a big difference in ride, or is more just for show?

·
Afterhours Admin
27,121 Posts
IRS would make a difference in ride in just about any vehicle, but mostly the conversion is done for show because of the $$ involved. The ride gets a lil better with bags but that all depends on the setup you use. The reason your truck rides rough and jumps is because its a truck. The suspension is designed around hauling things. If you put 300 lbs of crap in the back, youll see that it rides much better.

·
278 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
thanks, i know its not fair comparing a car and a truck, but the car is on drop springs also and it rides stiff, but its still a comfortable ride. anyway..

i was plannin on a fbss with one of jason's 4links with f9000's in the back and 2600's in the front with the sway bar and shocks all round. how much would i be looking at to go with irs? i can do the install with welding and stuff no problem, but i wouldnt which parts to go with like what rear to use and how much to shorten it and stuff? do you think someone would make me a setup and then ship it in peices with like a picture and some measurements of how it goes together?

·
278 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
yeah i figured it would be a pain to do, they'd have to tack it all up then cut it apart or when doing an install make double the parts and peices, but i dunno most places like to do every job alittle differnet i heard.
what about a 3-series bmw rear? i measured one from an e36 and from the ouside of each tire it was really close to the same as the s10. but i dont know how the mounting would work out, i guess youd just have to make some crossmembers to fit up and then im not sure what their drive shaft end looks like, you would prob have to do something different there. :confused:

1 - 6 of 6 Posts