S-10 Forum banner
1 - 17 of 17 Posts

·
Registered
105 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Wouldnt switching the cam out for a more agressive HP cam be a lot of help. I just cant find any on the net. any ideas?

·
The pimpdizzle
1,715 Posts
jbody performance has one but it just makes more power at higher rpms really.

·
Ross Racing Engines
1,385 Posts
STS Performance will custom grind one for you if you know what you need.

·
Registered
105 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
yeah, thats what i would want is more power at high rpms, cus im not really guna tow anything

·
AVTekk is my HERO
1,232 Posts
just curious why do you need another cam?

·
Registered
105 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
just lookin for power gains, it was just a thought

·
The doctor is in...
1,251 Posts
Comp cams will also custom grind you one. Personally, a cam will help; but there are so many issues with these engines that need to be addressed. If you really want power then you might want to look at porting the head, larger valves, true 1.6 rockers, and higher compression pistons. Then you custom grind your cam to match all of those factors and your desired goals for the truck.

Once you swap the stock cam and get a little taste for more power from a jbody cam (or another one) your going to want more. Internal engine mods are very addictive. :)

·
Registered
2,541 Posts
Dr. Nate said:
Comp cams will also custom grind you one. Personally, a cam will help; but there are so many issues with these engines that need to be addressed. If you really want power then you might want to look at porting the head, larger valves, true 1.6 rockers, and higher compression pistons. Then you custom grind your cam to match all of those factors and your desired goals for the truck.

Once you swap the stock cam and get a little taste for more power from a jbody cam (or another one) your going to want more. Internal engine mods are very addictive. :)
I totally agree. Head work, cam, and headers are the biggest bang for the buck in almost any engine.

·
Registered
105 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
ok, what would be the cheapest mod, i dont mean to be cheap, im just low on cash

·
Ross Racing Engines
1,385 Posts
dan_5505 said:
ok, what would be the cheapest mod, i dont mean to be cheap, im just low on cash
e-fan...by far the most effective of the cheap mods

·
The doctor is in...
1,251 Posts
dan_5505 said:
As far as internal, I'd say the true 1.6 rockers or porting the cylinder head.

·
Sik-98
3,809 Posts
e-fan and tb are the cheepest "noticeable" mods, both can be bought at a junkyard of certain cars. ive found that they dont make u much faster but they make pulling out into the fast lane a lot easier.

·
Registered
105 Posts
Discussion Starter · #13 ·
by tb do you mean a larger throttle body?

·
Ross Racing Engines
1,385 Posts
dan_5505 said:
by tb do you mean a larger throttle body?
Yes, that's what he is talking about

·
Registered
105 Posts
Discussion Starter · #15 ·
ok, sounds like good ideas, thanx guys

·
Registered
222 Posts
im putting toghter a 2.2 right now with a custom cam that i had reground and it only cost around 150 or so. you just have to send them your cam. the place is calledSchneider Racing Cams really nice people anmd quick turn around time

1 - 17 of 17 Posts