S-10 Forum banner

1 - 20 of 30 Posts

·
My mirror hates my sub
9,463 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
liek the title says.. does anyone else do it? i dont do it to collect cans or stuff like that i just do it to find electronics and other stuff ( weedwackers, mowers, shopvacs)

i've gone out about 4 times, gotten about $100 in scrap metal, motorcycle, snowmobile, 2 pc monitors, bunch of gas cans,cooler, tacklebox, steam cleaner, hell even 2 radios! as well as alot of other stuff not listed

·
1st Gen Crew Cab Cult
3,817 Posts
ya back in high school always found cool shit like at audio shops tons of wires and speaker box for 6-12's and muffler shops, thats about it tho..

·
NOBAMA NOBAMA
649 Posts
liek the title says.. does anyone else do it? i dont do it to collect cans or stuff like that i just do it to find electronics and other stuff ( weedwackers, mowers, shopvacs)

i've gone out about 4 times, gotten about $100 in scrap metal, motorcycle, snowmobile, 2 pc monitors, bunch of gas cans,cooler, tacklebox, steam cleaner, hell even 2 radios! as well as alot of other stuff not listed

LOL best thing i have found was a 1995 IBM P1 and a set of snow chains and we dont get much snow round here lol
oh yea and a preasure washer(kind that go on air comp and water)

·
My mirror hates my sub
9,463 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
what the hell, how did the snowmobile and motorcycle fit in the garbage can?

they were more of " take em or they are going to the curb" deals.. also, i just go around my town of 1600 people... once i am down at college, depending on their garbage day.. i am gonna try and do some picking down there too

·
O'Reilly R.S.S
1,239 Posts
i have been collecting old electronics lately. i take the voltage inverter coils out of them and unspool the copper wire. only because copper is like the top dog of scrap metals right now. i prefer electric motors when i can get them since its easier to get the windings out of those.

·
Sneaky White Person
9,765 Posts
my dad does every now and then. he got me the leaf blower that i currently use at my house haha shit was maybe a year old, but it was connected to an extension cord that was fried. nothing wrong internally so i just use my own cord and works perfectly :D

·
NOFAT1S
579 Posts
I used to quite a bit. Maybe some good money off of it with a friend. Now with gas so expensive we haven't gone in a long, long time.

Also the local police have cracked down on it big time. Even sent a few people to jail for "dumpster diving".

·
SHENANIGANS!!!
5,860 Posts
Best time to go dumpster diving is when school lets out for summer on a college camus. Those little assholes throw everything out rather than take it because mommy and daddy will buy new anyway.

I always get sick when I see the little fukkers in Walmart walking around with their parents shopping for dorm stuff. Grow up..

·
NOFAT1S
579 Posts
Best time to go dumpster diving is when school lets out for summer on a college camus. Those little assholes throw everything out rather than take it because mommy and daddy will buy new anyway.

I always get sick when I see the little fukkers in Walmart walking around with their parents shopping for dorm stuff. Grow up..
I have no idea what kind of college students you're referring to. The only stuff I have thrown away, or seen fellow students throw out has been completely and utterly trash. Most college kids are dirt poor and need to make things last.:haha:

Hell, I fricken wash and reuse ziplock bags....

·
Inferno Fab
4,437 Posts
Around FSU you will find new tvs and couches and all type of prefectly good furniture. I have never pick any up b/c it rains here almost every day and you would have to get it the same day they put it out usually but they do throw out some good stuff.
When I lived by the campus here and was moving I had people standing out in the road as I was loading my stuff up waiting to see what I was throwing away. Its ridiculous.

·
s-series #2?
2004 Blazer ZR2 w/ nv3500, 5.3 LM4 swap
24,783 Posts
i just pick up stuff if i see it. got the tv i use at college on the curb.
it gets fuzzy at times but heh it was free

·
Registered
2,213 Posts

I have no idea what kind of college students you're referring to. The only stuff I have thrown away, or seen fellow students throw out has been completely and utterly trash. Most college kids are dirt poor and need to make things last.:haha:

Hell, I fricken wash and reuse ziplock bags....
Projo98 lives in Lawrence, KS, so I would assume he's talking about the University of Kansas, and he's absolutely correct. That college is filled with a bunch of kids from wealthy families. It is sickening to see the waste that goes on when college is out for the summer. Hell, I still have a 19" TV that I bought 17 years ago.

·
SHENANIGANS!!!
5,860 Posts
Projo98 lives in Lawrence, KS, so I would assume he's talking about the University of Kansas, and he's absolutely correct. That college is filled with a bunch of kids from wealthy families. It is sickening to see the waste that goes on when college is out for the summer. Hell, I still have a 19" TV that I bought 17 years ago.

Bingo. Last year I saw a brand new Lexus SUV in a driveway covered in balloons with "Happy 16th B-Day"! written on the window.

Sickening.

1 - 20 of 30 Posts