S-10 Forum banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
let the cutting begin!!
264 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
hello everyone,

i was just sitting at work the other day and was thinking of things i could do to the truck. i was thinking how could i be original in the world of s10s, by not using a 3 or 5 link. well i think i have come up with something. i am going to attach it. please tell me if you think it is possible to do and would work. ok now this thing is not to scale or pretty, as you can tell. its just a rough quick thing i put together. now i know the bags need to be angled up more to push the "lever" down. also the grey portion is going to be the new frame rail as well as the notch, creating an "x" over the diff. i am honestly thinking of doing this so anyway that it can be improved or corrected is great.thanks.

truck-back-half.jpg

·
let the cutting begin!!
264 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
i was just had a few questions about an install that i am going to attempt. ok i am going to install a 4 link and the question i had was this. i have my lower bars at like 31 inches, my uppers are at like 32.5 inches. i can move the lower bars back more if that is needed. the uppers are at an angle of 30. that is from center of cross member plus 2 inches left and right. so one side 2 inches from center then 15 degrees and the same for the other side. if that makes sense. i have added a picture of it to help make it clearer. ok now the upper and lower bars are both at the same angle from the axle to the frame points. they are also mounted at the same location on the frame in respect to the angle position. so i am just wondering if i am doing this right. i dont want to get started on this and find out that i am all screwed up. i will take any advice. thanks.

untitledf.JPG

·
s-series #2?
2004 Blazer ZR2 w/ nv3500, 5.3 LM4 swap
24,783 Posts
the link setup will work, but with the frame coming together so much ,the bed might flex a lot more than you want.
and i have no idea what your bagsetup is... looks like a canti sideways? please clarify more

·
Registered
1,442 Posts
lookjs like you will have alot of stress on the middle of your X so if u brased it and made everythnig right i dont see why not

·
Extended cab or no cab.
19,980 Posts
looks like a plan besides the cross in the frame. that part would not be strong at all.

·
let the cutting begin!!
264 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
alright thanks guys. i was actually thinking the same thing about the frame. so back to the drawing board for that. as as for the bags, its going to be a canti set up in the middle that points out toward the tires. but know that i dont think the frame will work i might need to think of something else to try.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts