S-10 Forum banner

1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
563 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I`ve got serious traction problems when I race, from a dead idle if i floor it all i do is spin to the red line.. Another problem is really shifting into second, the backend goes crazy and scared me one time because of how much my truck swerved. How should I get out of the hole? I thought that traction wouldnt be to much of a problem with the tires I have, but thats not the case. :racing:

·
Registered
563 Posts
Discussion Starter #5 (Edited)
ive got like 31-32 psi in my tires, and as far as miles on the tires, im not sure exacty maybe like 30k, but i know that they only have about 10k left on them. there due for a rotate right now also

·
footbraker
1,236 Posts
You could buy a set of traction bars and remove the overload leaf. I can get 2.02 60' with 275/60/15 yokohama avid st street tires. Am using a 2200 stall and I do floor it off the line. There is some tire spin but not enough to lose more than .2 sec ET

·
Stealth Sierra
8,375 Posts
dropping the air pressure in a street tire wont help you. its different with et streets and dr's and stuff like that. F1's should have little trouble sticking. what are you launching at?

·
Registered
563 Posts
Discussion Starter #10 (Edited)
i launch from a dead idle and if i punch it all i do is spin and dont move

·
Registered
563 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
i think your right obrien, because yesterday i was eaiser on the clutch and launched with almost no spin, but it was again from a dead idle

1 - 12 of 12 Posts