Votes: 83 35.5%
  • Not sure

Votes: 19 8.1%

• Total voters
81 - 100 of 537 Posts

·
Registered
5,573 Posts
you've already proven you're not interested in reality, so there's nothing to discuss.
Mathius
Do you realize your entire argument is flawed by the fact that reality is your construction by a big squishy computer(your brain) connected to a bunch of sensors and muscles?

here, I'll fix your response so it deals with actual reality.

you've already proven you're not interested in the way I perceive the world, so there's nothing to discuss.
Mathius
Beleiving there is a 'correct' way to perceive the world is a vast part of the igorance and intolerance that religion can breed, you're a perfect example.

and no.

·
▂ ▃ ▅ ▆ █ ▆ &#
34,617 Posts
Nope. I've taken World Religions, went to church twice a week nearly every week of the year for 18 years, uncle is a preacher, and entire family is religious.

I have no problem with people that do believe however I do think the world would be a much better place without religion. I also think there are some religions that are just plain dumb.

·
when in doubt lay it out
3,510 Posts
I have no problem with people that do believe however I do think the world would be a much better place without religion. I also think there are some religions that are just plain dumb.

i agree. i also agree with the people who say it was just created to start wars.

·
Sure why not.
2,202 Posts
Daveman thats an interesting stand... Cant say I agree with the whole there is no spoon methodology, but its original if anything well played... Through the best perception that has been granted us though the clearly logical choice is in physics and science. Correct is a bad word, logical I feel is more than fair.

Interesting fact just to spark up some research on the how did we get here subject, matter can phase in and out of existance from nothing as it pleases. No catalyst, not from forming from other matter litteraly one second it doesnt the next it does the next its gone never to be seen again. The strong and weak nuclear forces are an interesting read as well, I just think if alot of educated people would continue to educate them selves down towards the molecular level they would have a better understanding or grasp on how we got here. Or read einsteins theory on time space itll make you go out of your ****ing mind and he believed in god btw and wasted the second half of his life trying to prove a theory that would bring order and make sense out of a world that was created by god but failed. There are parts of physics some of which he discovered that disobeyed the laws of reality and the constants that made up reality itself, he wanted a world that required certain end all laws and died trying to figure them out. Like electrons for instance dont exist until they are viewed, what does that even mean?

·
Registered
193 Posts
Do you realize your entire argument is flawed by the fact that reality is your construction by a big squishy computer(your brain) connected to a bunch of sensors and muscles?

here, I'll fix your response so it deals with actual reality.

Beleiving there is a 'correct' way to perceive the world is a vast part of the igorance and intolerance that religion can breed, you're a perfect example.

and no.

You might have a point, except of the vast majority of the human population who does believe in a higher being don't tell you that only they can hear god or see god, they say instead that faith is the key.

Therefore, there is no evidence to support your statement that MY perception is the one that is flawed, because my perception matches those of not only the non believers, but also the believers, i.e. nearly every human being on the planet since they all fall into one of those two categories.

Unless your argument is simply that the human mind can't perceive God at all. Which is a pretty f*cking stupid argument if you ask me since all the supposed "evidence" that guy was giving was written down in a book created by humans.

If human beings simply can't perceive God, then again, God is a human invention, made up by someone who couldn't accept the logical and physical evidence to support the natural creation of the world and therefore, STILL has no evidence, and is STILL flawed by your argument that the human mind can't perceive God. In other words. By your argument, he's still made up. Because if we can't perceive God, then there's no reason we should suspect he exists, and he is instead just a flawed human theory.

Mathius

·
when in doubt lay it out
3,510 Posts
do people of religious backing believe in things like bigfoot and the tooth fairy and so on...? just curious

nobody answered my question of where god came from. :haha: i dont want any bible excerpts or to be told a huge ass story. tell me straight the **** up. did he have parents or was he just "MAGICALLY" planted on earth.. thats my biggest flaw towards religion. :cool:

·
Registered
141 Posts
Ill second the above, and no one is looking for a fight... As civilized as it gets. I dont want to hurt you? Not at all? Good conversation we had going there?

de·bate

–noun 1. a discussion, as of a public question in an assembly, involving opposing viewpoints.

These normally go on until one person gets stuck and relizes theyve lost then squirms away with some, im the bigger man mentallity. Normally.
It's not a debate when you have people insulting each other, using profanity and lack of respect. Calling the person you're "debating" ignorant isn't a debate. It's an argument/fight.

I suggested if you two(mathius) wanted to get serious about this discussion we could move it to it's right location and both of you declined.

Typical.

nobody answered my question of where god came from. :haha: i dont want any bible excerpts or to be told a huge ass story. tell me straight the **** up. did he have parents or was he just "MAGICALLY" planted on earth.. thats my biggest flaw towards religion. :cool:
I answered it. Maybe you missed it while you were too busy laughing. Feel free to go back and READ.

·
when in doubt lay it out
3,510 Posts
thats because i dont believe your bullshit answer. thats like saying who made the car? nobody it just appeared and we use them today. come up with an answer that makes sense and sounds realistic.

·
Registered
141 Posts
Because the car is the exact same thing as God who created everything. Apples to Apples.

I gave you the answer I know best to explain. If that's not good enough for you why not go try to find the answer on your own?

·
when in doubt lay it out
3,510 Posts
your answer is full of bullshit just like the ****ing bible.

·
Registered
193 Posts
He shows his complete lack of understanding every time he posts. Ignorance isn't an insult. If I'd called him an idiot, it would have been an insult.

Ignorance can be fixed. Idiots are f*cked.

Mathiyus

81 - 100 of 537 Posts