Votes: 19 8.1%

• Total voters
61 - 80 of 537 Posts

·
Registered
193 Posts
I can't view youtube video's at work.

So what do you believe in Mathius?
I believe in human beings. Because that's all we are is people, trying to get through life the best we can and take what we can from experiences and learn from them. The bible is a great book of parables with some good messages, but to take it literally is just absurd. The idea that there's some great all powerful God that created me, and yet expects me to believe in him without any proof whatsoever or he's going to let me burn in eternal flames and yet I'm supposed to love him for it because I have a chance at eternal life is beyond ridiculous.

People believe in these things because they want to have hope that they're going to get a chance at something perfect, but there is no perfect and we should concentrate on doing the best we can with the life we're given.

Mathius

·
Registered
141 Posts
You say there's no proof although there is you just choose not to believe it.

Do you think it's by chance that the way everything works is by chance? Moon/waves? co2/plants/water? earths axis/life?

You say for other people to watch this or that but how much of the bible have you actually read?

·
Registered
193 Posts
You say there's no proof although there is you just choose not to believe it.

Do you think it's by chance that the way everything works is by chance? Moon/waves? co2/plants/water? earths axis/life?
Nope, there's things called gravity and complex biological processes that make these things work. You should look into something called science.

You say for other people to watch this or that but how much of the bible have you actually read?
Actually, sunshine, my parents both taught sunday school and I went to private, Lutheran, schools up until my Sophmore year of high school. I'm very well acquainted with Christianity. In fact my pastor used to send me brochures for Concordia University because he wanted me to become a priest. My first cousin's grandfather was a Lutheran priest as well so that sort of thing is all over the family.

Mathius

·
A work in progress...
1,451 Posts
I do believe. But I also don't try to make others believe, or try to refute their beliefs.

·
Sure why not.
2,202 Posts
Typical. Even when you show proof people don't want to believe.
Congrats to the guys who wrote the bible... They saw the moon that did exist back then and saw it was round perhaps one of the men who were smart enough to start the largest cult following in all of time gathered the intelligent idea that the moon, sun, and every other object in the sky was round perhaps the earth was as well. BTW these same men have in a way been an indirect accessory to a level of genocide (be it a series of them) so vast over the past 2000 years that it makes hilter look like santa claus. The link below is a list of people who died at the hands of christianity. The crusades alone have an estimate of 5,000,000. I dont think it even includes the "witches" burned in the old days by men with the same beliefes as yourself or those whom have died at the hands of catholicism...

As for proof no one is insisting that the bible has not one logical fact within it lol harry potter has logical facts in it... When the word "proof" is spoken in relation to religion its normally asking people to give proof that their higher being actually does exist... Like have you to talked to god? Have you met god? Have you seen any presence of god or his voodoo force magic? Whats god done for you lately...? And dont feed me some god is nature and all that is around us horse shit lol... God is a figment of your imagination a bed time story for adults that you choose to believe because you cant come to terms with your own meaningless death.

However if you want facts of any such event IE said tidal moon relation, Co2 in plants really lol? Thats like 6th grade science? Reguardless feel free to ask any questions of the sort that you need proof of and I will give you actual facts proven by some crazy witch doctor science the entire logical world believes in.

Or reference wikipedia im pretty sure if you type in photosynthesis god blows magic into sunflowers and oxygen is produced through hopes and dreams will not be there? Maybe though you should check...

http://articles.exchristian.net/2002/10/how-many-people-have-been-killed-by.php

·
Registered
141 Posts
Nope, there's things called gravity and complex biological processes that make these things work. You should look into something called science.

Actually, sunshine, my parents both taught sunday school and I went to private, Lutheran, schools up until my Sophmore year of high school. I'm very well acquainted with Christianity. In fact my pastor used to send me brochures for Concordia University because he wanted me to become a priest. My first cousin's grandfather was a Lutheran priest as well so that sort of thing is all over the family.

Mathius
I'm well versed in Science. Even more so the Science that backs Christianity.

That's awesome. You still didn't answer my question. Just because a mouse is in a cookie jar doesn't make it a cookie.

And as for rhygin - Just because people do stuff and say they do it in the name of God doesn't mean God told them or they are doing what's right. Don't blame hold religion accountable for fanatics who blame their actions for something else. Why not go right to the actual source.

And people who relate the Bible to Scientology and Harry Potter and use TV and Wikipedia as their backup are ignorant. But it's wrong for me to call someone ignorant because they'll blame God and Christianity.

·
Registered
40 Posts
Do I belive in God........no

Do I believe that we may somehow continue to exist in another dimension (read ghosts) we do not yet understand..........possibly. Point is, none of us will know weather or not we are correct until we die. In the mean time, I'm not going to fret over weather or not I should worship a god. If I burn in hell for it, at least I'll be warm. :)

·
Registered
632 Posts
I LOL'D

But I still have no faith in religion. Higher power? Maybe. Guess Ill find out when I die. I dont feel I need a book to tell me how to be a good person. Since thats all religion basicly is, a way to control the masses through fear. If God needs me to believe in him to get past the pearly gates geuss Im not gonna make the cut.
Is it worth that gamble, to wait till you die? for when you die, you won't have a choice, give the" Higher Power", the benefit of the doubt.

·
Registered
193 Posts
I'm well versed in Science. Even more so the Science that backs Christianity.
There is no science that backs christianity. Period. There might be some scientific research that proves an individual fact in the bible here or there, but there is not one single solitary scientific piece of evidence to prove the existence of any god, period.

That's awesome. You still didn't answer my question. Just because a mouse is in a cookie jar doesn't make it a cookie.
What question? Have I read the bible? Many times? I have 6 of them sitting on my book case 15 feet away, along with a Lutheran catechism Right with the rest of my fantasy novels. Want me to post pics for you? I actually research and know what I'm talking about before I make a decision about something. I don't just have blind faith in some story I read like you do.

I already told you I went to Lutheran schools through my sophmore year. For someone whose so into Christianity, you should be familiar with the difference branches at least enough to identify the major ones. Since Martin Luther was responsible for the entire protestant movement against the Catholic church, that's sortof a big deal for you.

And as for rhygin - Just because people do stuff and say they do it in the name of God doesn't mean God told them or they are doing what's right. Don't blame hold religion accountable for fanatics who blame their actions for something else. Why not go right to the actual source.
God doesn't tell people anything. He doesn't exist.

Doesn't change the fact that religion is responsible for more deaths than any other subject in the history of humanity.

It's ignorant people who think they're doing God's work, whether it's Jesus, or Muhamad, or whoever.

And people who relate the Bible to Scientology and Harry Potter and use TV and Wikipedia as their backup are ignorant. But it's wrong for me to call someone ignorant because they'll blame God and Christianity.
Actually, the fact that you don't understand the comparison is proof of your ignorance... or stubbornness. I'm not sure which.

It's the whole blind faith thing that proves your ignorance. You make decisions in your every day life that are impacted by your religion, which is nothing more than fiction. There is not one single solid fact to prove the existence of god, period.

Mathius

·
Registered
632 Posts
Im a full blown practicing Satanist....

I still dont belive in God, Santa Clause, or the Easter Bunny....

Spend a year or so watching the History Channel... educate yourselves with more than just the bible....

How many murderers find God after there locked up....

How bout that guy from KORN who took a shit load of crystal meth and then found religion?
Kinda funny, satan himself believes in God.

·
Sure why not.
2,202 Posts

First of all in your statement about people doing stuff in the name of god not meaning that god told them to do it are you stating to me that you can personally assure me that they have not infact communicated with your god? Or is that just purely foolish to assume that he does in fact exist and would talk to anoyone else and not drop you a line personally? Perhaps you are challenging gods word by disagreeing with these men, maybe god does exist and he wants to punish me with roadside explosive devices for not believing in him? Who are you to judge the word of god? If you can tell me that there is no way that they have spoken to god and he is not telling them to blow my truck up with fertilizer than you sir are a hypocrit of the purest form.

As for your comment on scientology dont you dare judge another faith based organization any differently than you judge yourself or on any level other than equal to your bible those people are just as lost as you are and not a drop more.

My comments on harry potter and wikipedia were simply a posted mockery of your intelligence and nothing more they werent geuine references however wikipedia is a suitable source of information on the subject of photosynthesis your bible is not.

Here it is flat and easy I will step down off my self provided pedestal and join your socially accepted cult if you can do just one thing for me, show me actual proof of gods existence? This will not include...

-Anything to do with the bible including quotes, passages, or teachings from said book.
-The sole word of a man.
-Faith.

I am talking down to earth bold fact. I want a handshake from the eternal being, a picture of him banging cheryl crow, I want him to talk to me and correct me in the error of my ways, strike me down for blasphemy, I want him to make my left ear itch, **** make something up for me... How about some historical evidence that he ever existed? Perhaps "God was here" engraved on the nucleus of an atom? Give me something that I cannot break down with scientific fact and logic. ****in try it.

·
Sure why not.
2,202 Posts
BTW please tell me that you dont believe in evolution.

EDIT: To the guy practicing satanism and mocking those who believe in god, santa, and the easter bunny. Again hypocrit you are horribly wrong to talk down to people who believe in essentially the same thing you do. Whos to say santa doesnt exist if you believe in satan? Ive talked to the easter bunny more times than ive talked to god or satan? At least pretending to be santa or the easter bunny doesnt damn you to an eternity of suffering for portraying yourself as a false idol or does it...? Gonna be a hot day in april for the easter bunny lets hope satan shows mercy. Polyester burns really quickly.

Read about this pretty famous legal squable... Good stuff pretty much sums it up.
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Flying_Spaghetti_Monster

·
Registered
141 Posts
You guys are looking for a fight. That's not what I'm here for. If you want to have a civilized conversation about it we can take it to the politics and religions section.

·
Registered
4,176 Posts
You guys are looking for a fight. That's not what I'm here for. If you want to have a civilized conversation about it we can take it to the politics and religions section.

I always knew this thread would attract at least two guys arguing like little girls over a jump rope at recess.... I just always thought TobytheSandwich would be one of them :dunno:

·
Registered
193 Posts
No thanks. There's no proof there's a God, so you can't convince me of anything and you've already proven you're not interested in reality, so there's nothing to discuss.

Mathius

·
Sure why not.
2,202 Posts
Ill second the above, and no one is looking for a fight... As civilized as it gets. I dont want to hurt you? Not at all? Good conversation we had going there?

de·bate

–noun 1. a discussion, as of a public question in an assembly, involving opposing viewpoints.

These normally go on until one person gets stuck and relizes theyve lost then squirms away with some, im the bigger man mentallity. Normally.

·
when in doubt lay it out
3,510 Posts
I always knew this thread would attract at least two guys arguing like little girls over a jump rope at recess.... I just always thought TobytheSandwich would be one of them :dunno:

i got smart after the politics thread and decided too keep my mouth shut on this subject:rotf:

·
Stroker Ace
589 Posts
Yes.

http://bible.cc/revelation/22-12.htmRevelation 22:13http://bible.cc/revelation/22-14.htm
I am the Alpha and the Omega, the first and the last, the beginning and the end.”

1 Corinthians 2: 5
So that your faith might not rest in the wisdom of men (human philosophy), but in the power of God. http://bible.gospelcom.net/passage/?search=1%20Corinthians%202:%205;&version=45;

Hebrews 11: 6
But without faith it is impossible to please Him, for he who comes to God must believe that He is, and that He is a rewarder of those who diligently seek Him.

2 Chronicles 15:12-13

And they entered into a covenant to seek the Lord, the God of their fathers, with all their heart and with all their soul, but that whoever would not seek the Lord, the God of Israel, should be put to death, whether young or old, man or woman.

·
Sure why not.
2,202 Posts
Fredrick Nietzsche
-A casual stroll through a lunatic asylum shows that faith does not prove anything.

Bill Maher
-I think flying planes into a building was a faith-based initiative. I think religion is a neurological disorder.

George Carlin
-Religion has convinced people that there’s an invisible man…living in the sky, who watches everything you do every minute of every day. And the invisible man has a list of ten specific things he doesn’t want you to do. And if you do any of these things, he will send you to a special place, of burning and fire and smoke and torture and anguish for you to live forever, and suffer and burn and scream until the end of time. But he loves you. He loves you and he needs money.

-Think of how stupid the average person is, and realize half of them are stupider than that.

61 - 80 of 537 Posts
About this Discussion
536 Replies
76 Participants
31794ty
S-10 Forum
S10forum is the community to discuss the S-Series, Chevrolet Colorado and GMC Canyon. Join to discuss rebuilds, modifications, tech articles and more!
Full Forum Listing