Votes: 83 35.5%
  • Not sure

Votes: 19 8.1%

• Total voters
41 - 60 of 537 Posts

·
AcrophobiA
8,484 Posts
Yes. Altho I make a ton of mistakes (who doesn't), I still believe. I judge no one for the belief's or nonbelief's. So I ask most of you to do the same. Leave the snide remarks and jokes aside.

·
Registered
4,176 Posts
Yes. Altho I make a ton of mistakes (who doesn't), I still believe. I judge no one for the belief's or nonbelief's. So I ask most of you to do the same. Leave the snide remarks and jokes aside.

Let me bring you back to reality here

:twak:

Now repeat after me: This is s10forum.com . It is full of children and manchildren alike. I can not expect nor ask them to behave otherwise.

Odds are, even my snide joke will be the target of other snide jokes :haha:

·
Registered
66 Posts
No, I definitely do not, I have no faith in "faith". I believe in my 5 senses, I see God as a man made creation, a way to explain the "unexplainable". The Bible was written over thousands of years by naive, uneducated people who did not grasp what was occurring around them. The problem here is that the Bible was written by man, based on man's interpretations of events. Man is fallible. The Bible is a written account of "history", ALL historical documentation is inaccurate, it is all biased to the POV of the author. Of course, having said this I have witnessed many people in my life who have bettered themselves after "finding God". My opinion, take the Bible for what it is, a collection of moral anecdotes which offer strength and guidance to the lost and weak.

·
Pewter member
2,513 Posts
yes i do!

·
Disassociated Consumer
339 Posts

·
Registered
193 Posts
Everyone who believes in God needs to watch Religulous and then get back to me.

Religion is literally tearing the world apart and breeding all sorts of ignorance.

Also, for those of you who follow the "bible", take a look at what's going on with Scientology right now... there is a religion based on a book that some science fiction writer wrote. And this is taking place during our time with all the technology and higher learning we have available. So just how do you think the Bible got institutionalized 2000 years ago or however old it is back when man still thought the world was flat? Hmm?

Was Jesus Christ real, or was he David Blaine? Really?

Btw... Most of the stories in the bible were based off earlier religions. Don't see that advertised too much do ya?

Mathius

·
Sure why not.
2,202 Posts
I dont, like others I have no problems with those who do...

My arguement on the subject would be that in a time of technological advances and ample knowledge avaible to prove that what was written in the bible is just bottomline nonsense what other than faith in another human mens words whom youve never met and have long been dead that claimed to have talk to an almighty being who chose to talk to them and them alone and never show his face or presence ever again for all of eternity do you have that makes you believe that bable. Sounds a little thin. Religion can be a good thing though it gives people a reason to be good. However the double edged sword it also gives people a reason to be ****in monsters dont tell me no, unless your in afghanistan right now fighting thousands of religious fanatics that think thier ticket to heaven is planting 80 pound explosive easter eggs underneath your truck.

·
Registered
198 Posts
Im a full blown practicing Satanist....

I still dont belive in God, Santa Clause, or the Easter Bunny....

Spend a year or so watching the History Channel... educate yourselves with more than just the bible....

How many murderers find God after there locked up....

How bout that guy from KORN who took a shit load of crystal meth and then found religion?

·
Registered
141 Posts
Also, for those of you who follow the "bible", take a look at what's going on with Scientology right now... there is a religion based on a book that some science fiction writer wrote. And this is taking place during our time with all the technology and higher learning we have available. So just how do you think the Bible got institutionalized 2000 years ago or however old it is back when man still thought the world was flat? Hmm?

Mathius

The Bible described the shape of the earth centuries before people thought that the earth was spherical.
  1. Isaiah 40:22
    It is He who sits above the circle of the earth,
    And its inhabitants are like grasshoppers,
    Who stretches out the heavens like a curtain,
    And spreads them out like a tent to dwell in.
Maybe you should read more about something you're bashing instead of watching so much TV. Cause that's always 100% accurate. :rotf:

·
Registered
193 Posts
The Bible described the shape of the earth centuries before people thought that the earth was spherical.
  1. Isaiah 40:22
    It is He who sits above the circle of the earth,
    And its inhabitants are like grasshoppers,
    Who stretches out the heavens like a curtain,
    And spreads them out like a tent to dwell in.
Maybe you should read more about something you're bashing instead of watching so much TV. Cause that's always 100% accurate. :rotf:
Maybe you should educate yourself. A circle is a 2D object. A sphere is what you're looking for their buddy.

Mathius 1
Bible 0

41 - 60 of 537 Posts