Votes: 83 35.5%
  • Not sure

Votes: 19 8.1%

• Total voters
201 - 220 of 537 Posts

·
Disabled Vet
311 Posts
Dude...there's still NO way you can prove ANYTHING was here millions of years ago :rolleyes:,no way to test the rate of decay of these tests for aging things past a few hundred years,that's why they're most often (chose those words carefully just for you sweet-pea) referred to as "theory".

Yeah,it's "hard to prove something doesn't exist when it doesn't"...go back and reread some of the moronic theories you yourself spouted during this thread,all while calling everybody who doesn't agree with you a hypocrite :rolleyes:

Brother,I don't care if you chose not believe the Truth,it's your soul,not mine,and it's your right to do so...so why is it SO important to you to make it look like Christians are the morons because we chose to believe different? I see a LOT of that type behavior at my Grandma's friend's daycare center full of 3 year old's...I care not to argue with them either,there's really no point. I've said my beliefs,there's no made-up science you can spout to disprove ANY of em,so that's that.

Warning:EXTREME sarcastic tone follows...
I will no longer believe in anything that happened over 4-600 years ago-thanks to you and exact words you said about the Bible,because I can't talk to anyone who was there,I can only read about it in their fairy-tale/books :rotf:

Have a nice life,Brother,go wipe your nose,and stop crying about the fact that you can't change my mind on something that is apparently SO important to you. Atheists always strike my funny bone...they spend as much time worrying about God as the most devout Christian I've ever met (in all my travels throughout every state south of Canada,half of Canada,more of Mexico,and 3 other countries thanks trucking and That Man's Army...the point,LOTS of people met). I may come back to read your reply-I KNOW you'll have one,which says LOTS about you,BTW (and yes,I know I replied to you here,but I had to sink to...um...your level first)-but I think I've wasted enough time "kicking the pricks" with you,so have a nice life (and I mean that,I hope you do) :)

·
Chris
507 Posts
Evolution. Such a fantastic desparation tool. It is used by those who are too scared and prideful to accept the TRUTH.. So you want science? Here is what your SCIENCE proves about you evolution friend.. Enjoy.. Such a nice fun read..
"Yet we will demonstrate how Darwinists are more closed-minded than Christians" my favorite quote.

http://www.dissentfromdarwin.org/about.php

http://www.faithfacts.org/evolution-or-creation/Evolution-Science-or-Creation-Story

http://www.faithfacts.org/evolution-or-creation/Evolution-Science-or-Creation-Story/darwinian-mechanism-problems

"Biology is the study of complicated things that give the appearance of having been designed for a purpose."
^^ Richard Dawkins ^^ oh he was an evolutionists( incase you dont know who he is)

Consider the human brain. The total number of connections in the human brain is around a thousand million. Our three pound brain can think, plan, and contemplate the mysteries of the universe. Its memory can retrieve a name that has been stored for 50 years. How could the human brain have been created by lifeless matter without the aid of any kind of supernatural intelligence? One is free to believe what he wants, but we submit that neither common sense nor analysis supports the idea that complex living systems created themselves from nothing by chance.

Biochemist Michael Behe wrote a book in 1996 entitled Darwin's Black Box, The Biochemical Challenge to Evolution. The book is a landmark work on the issue of evolution.

In the book, Behe explains that the theory of evolution was formulated on an assumption that life was built on levels from simple to complex. That is, the earliest forms of life were simple, and more and more complexity was added as the evolutionary process continued. Further, this assumption said that modern cellular life is simple, and that complex beings were merely combinations of simple cells. But since the invention of electron microscopes in the 1950s, we have been able to look into the cell and see that this assumption, which is fundamental to evolution, is incorrect.

A single simple cell contains as much data as all the individual letters in the world's largest library—that's about a trillion bits of information. We are overwhelmed and awed at chemical coding devices, nucleotides, genomes, neural transmitters, ribosomes, and the other discoveries, which demonstrate the magnificence of the cell. Life at the microbiological level is incredibly complex.

A major reason irreducibly complex systems create such a challenge for evolution is the problem of survivability of intermediate life forms. Evolution says that by a process of minute changes over very long periods of time, organisms were built up. But evolution requires that organisms with each minute change survive, that is, the change must have survival value. In addition to survival, each step in the process must be able to reproduce itself. Darwin himself stated: "Natural selection can act only by the preservation and accumulation of infinitesimally small inherited modifications, each profitable to the preserved being."

I mean come on guy.. I can copy paste this all day and prove your evolution thoery is a desparate attempt to not "give in" to some type of Faith or Creation. Doing something just because your mind says it must be right doesn't make it truth.

A little more for you to continue to read:
http://www.faithfacts.org/evolution-or-creation/Evolution-Science-or-Creation-Story/evolutionary-tree-problems

Evolutionists rely heavily on similarity to demonstrate evolution. Apes have much in common with man, they point out, including their genetic makeup. While apes and humans are similar in some ways, they are very different in other ways. But to conclude evolution is the cause of the observed similarity is a matter of assumption (preconception).

Similarity does not prove evolution, but merely proves similarity. If anything, similarity provides evidence of creation. A fork and a spoon may look similar, but that is not evidence of a common ancestor, but rather is evidence of a common designer using common materials. (14, pgs. 38-47)

Denton is more scientifically critical. He points out that what appear to be similar structures or organs develop from different embryological paths or even different genes. For example, forelimbs appear similar to hindlimbs, but nobody believes that one evolved from the other.

Marvin Lubenow in his interesting book (Resource List) points out a fundamental flaw in the logic of evolutionists. He notes that studies on the anatomy of living primates are used to support evolution. But all of these studies are fundamentally flawed in regard to a rule of logic called "begging the question." In begging the question, one assumes to be true the very thing you are trying to prove.

·
Chris
507 Posts
Well actually I care about you. I am told to so I truely do. I don't know you, but I care. I by no means want to come off as some closed-minded Christian prick. I had the same exact beliefs as you did. Less than a year ago. I just hope the above post makes you atleast think and be reasonable about it.

I'm not shoving this at you btw. You asked for proof well I am doing the best I can do. You'll be in my prayers.

·
Sure why not.
2,202 Posts
In all the arguments I have stated and defended with scientific fact and evidence (regardless of what that means to you) what I know to be true but the answers even the most intelligent ones I have recieved to my questions about your beliefes are simply bible quotes or heresay from the bible and not a single stroke of tangible evidence I can throw shit at you guys all day but if you want to believe the simplest answer tends to be the right one go right ahead, but when you pose a question like how do you explain how something so complex came to being then follow it by saying that evolution states that things started basic then became complex over millions of years through a series of minute changes that makes perfect sense to me and none to you. Stromatolites are 3.8 billion years old they are like coral some of the oldest living things on the planet they still exist today one micro organism of that stromatolite + 3.8 billion years of minute changes = complex life 3.8 billion is alot of years thats 38,000,000,000 we have been here 3,000,000 a minute percentage in which time we transformed from ape to man...imagine what could of happened in the other 37,997,000,000 years...

BTW
Sinking to "my" level of intelligent conversation to arrive at an educated conclusion when presented with both fact and opinion, how horrible... Its just common open forum conversation its not a grudge match guy quit getting angry prove your point with something factual and tangible and shut me up? You dont have to get mad and throw a hissy fit as I have not done at all. I have remained calm and rational throughout this entire thread with as proper a tone as you can have with eachother while questioning one anothers beliefes. People discuss things to learn if we all sat around quiet and didnt question anything we would never advance toward anything.

·
Chris
507 Posts
Yes well what I showed to you was not me or any religous nuts assumption. It was those of scientists, much like Darwin, who call bull on the THEORY of evolution.

You say minute changes over that long. Yes makes complete sense to me. Makes perfect sense. But does a mindless zombie turn into a human being. It once was mindless. Not even capable of survival. If there was evolution then there was once this.

A brain has to form. Plus are you telling me. A spec of dust randomly turned into life over that long of a time? Did you mean 38 billion years old or 3.8? I would assume you mean 3.8 not 38,000,000,000 < 38 billion. 3,800,000,000 < 3.8 billion. I'm sure you mean 3.8 because the sun is only 4.6 billion years old.

Anyways as you can read in those links evolution makes no sense. It is like saying " how did that turn into that?" " I just showed you bones, are you stupid?" " what do bones have to do with anything?" " shows we evolved" " no it shows that there was once ape like creatures that walked on two legs, nothing more nothing less"

This is the conversation we are having...

Btw I agree with you at the end of your reply. No offence but this is an open disscusion no need to get mad. It isn't chritian like to get mad and bash people anyways. :)

Edit: million into billion lol sorry.

·
Sure why not.
2,202 Posts
Everytime a cell divides it "mutates" into something else. They do this billions of times over and over again the ones that mutate with a feature that is a positive reinforcement to its survival it will live longer than one that has mutated into something thats mutation is harmful to its survival. Thats natural selection on "near" its smallest scale the same thing happens to groups of cells like humans. For instance the like I said the people of the north (europeans) or polar bears for example who lived in snow covered climates were products of natural selection, a sleeping black bear in the snow gets eaten by a pack of rabid dogs while the white sleeping bear in the snow is left unseen thus all the black bears in that area are eaten leaving only the naturally more succesful polar bears. The only reason anyone refers to evolution as a theory is because it is politically correct to do so. Cant hurt anyones feelings. Its only fair that we allow you to believe what you want and not just dismiss it as bullshit openly (which by simply stating it as a fact does that) if we expect you to allow us to do the same (because as well accepting your beliefes disproves mine). Thats not me contradicting myself in this conversation we are having, when you meet in the middle to discuss one must call the other false because they cannot coexist.

·
Sure why not.
2,202 Posts
Lifted jimmy, thank you for remaining logical. When you presented this just to help you understand how my thought process is working...

"I just hope the above post makes you atleast think and be reasonable about it."

I see something like this...

Consider the human brain. The total number of connections in the human brain is around a thousand million. Our three pound brain can think, plan, and contemplate the mysteries of the universe. Its memory can retrieve a name that has been stored for 50 years. How could the human brain have been created by lifeless matter without the aid of any kind of supernatural intelligence?

But I already know this...

Brain sizes tripled from the time just during the transistion from ape-man to man, this doesnt even represent the prior transistion from however far back you wanna go to the "forrest ape" mentioned, btw homo floresiensis are a hobbit people, a different species entirely from us but of the same genus, that were recently discovered in indonesia they are thought to have gone extinct merely 12k years ago and had a brain about 1/6th the size of ours and were just over three feet tall, but still managed to produce stone tools...

and this...

http://www.dhushara.com/book/unraveltree/life4CK.jpg

Which shows evolution traced back all the way to life erupting from...

The Universal Common Ancestor
Following a phase of biogenesis possibly based on cosmic symmetry-breaking (King 1978, 2004), based on new breakthroughs concerning RNA synthesis (Sutherland et. al. 2009) recent research suggests that the last universal common ancestor (LUCA) of all life on the planet may have arisen from a phase interface between alkaline hydrogen-emitting undersea vents and the archaic acidified iron-rich ocean (Martin and Russel 2003), giving rise to an active iron-sulphur reaction phase still present in living cells and associated with electron transport and some of the most ancient proteins, such as ferredoxin, in which differential dynamics in membranous micropores in the vents managed to concentrate polypeptides and polynucleotides to biologically sustainable levels (Baaske et. al. 2007, Budin et. al. 2009), giving rise to the RNA era, while at the same time providing a free energy source based on proton transport across membranous microcellular interfaces resulting from fatty acids also being concentrated above their critical aggregate concentration.​

Which is a "theory" ill give you that, but it always will be we will never be present 4 billion years ago as life erupted from 12 miles down from a volcanic gas pocket, but there sure is shit is a pretty good map that gets us there...​

To me its just a little easier to accept all of this tangible evidence worked into theory through examination of mitocondrial dna over the given history of the remains dug from out of the earth, than it is to believe that we were all "magicked" here by some great being 6k years ago who for some reason decided to creat the planet with 4.3 billion years worth of history stuck in its crust like 100 million year old dinosaurs christians have actually told me that they believe dinosaurs roamed the earth 6k years ago and then went extinct... I mean it would be more relevant to simply deny thier existance at all that to suggest than in a flash of light no human record existed of any such creatures when man and dinosaur were placed on the earth at the same time and all species of dinosaur which flourished in all parts of the world immediately were almost completely obliterated from the planet with no ill effect to man that walked the earth at the very same time? The only well call it "logical" way to say that dinosaur fossils exist while assuming that creationism is correct and that the world was created 5-10k years ago is to assume god created the planet with 4 billion years of fossil record in its crust of creatures that never existed wtf would he do that for lol?​

·
Sure why not.
2,202 Posts
Quote: Originally Posted by rhygin Missionaries exist for a reason, to spread the word of god? Why cant he spread it himself? Why has an all powerful being directly influenced not a damn thing ever? What purpose does he have if he is absent?

525T:

Christian missionaries go to spread the message out of obedience. Christ followers are the current hands and feet of Christ. Not seeing God does not mean that God does not exist and affect us. God reveals Himself to those with an open and willing heart and mind. God's purpose is not our to put into a little box and control. God created humans to have a relationship. However, God is only pleased by the human's faith. He is a just and perfect God, but also patient and His answers are wiser than our questions. His goal is not to appease our every desire. God deals with the issue of human behavior and sin and can forgive that sin and bring peace and hope, and gives wisdom, security, and oftentimes much-needed healing. Our timing is not Gods, and His ways are above our ways.

:tup: This is me again...

Thats all well and good but no where in that very nicely written paragraph is an answer to my question. Its just a bunch of stuff about faith and how great god is and how you are just supposed to believe it.

The point I was trying to make with that question is that these missionaries go out to places they have no business going to and offer help and medicine to people in missions while preaching the word of god. So these poor simple bastard africans that never went to so much as kindergarten and know only work and thier daily way of life as passed down through thousands upon thousands of years worth of generations has been completely thrown away and forgetten because someone gave them some doxy curing thier malaria then tells them a real nice story about the god that granted it to them. Awesome I wanna know this god too. God didnt make that pill more than likely some atheist scientist did. They dont know that though, all they know is a year ago they were dying a horrible death in filth now they feel great have a clean button up shirt electricity and some white person telling them god has all sorts of great shit to offer them...

I just got back from afghanistan where I had meals with these sorts of people, the nicest people youll ever meet cant share a word between you because they dont speak your language and they live in an area so remote that the interpretur cant even understand thier version of his language. Low and behold we give them candy and water one day they are our friends. Taliban walks up hands em 100 US dollars to put the bomb in the ground that nearly killed me and the 38 others we delt with and they pick up a shovel and blow their new friends to shit.

Point is people will do whatever it takes to survive or whatever makes life easiest for them. Especially those massivly under educated people in the parts of the world missionaries visit.

As well as the point I already made about if the missionaries never go there god never goes there. God is word of mouth and that alone.

You might say science is word of mouth as well, as anything that is taught is word of mouth, but science has factual, tangible, repeatable, provable, evidence to support its claims.

If god really wanted people to follow him he could come down once every 100 years or so and do a book tour with the bible creating miracles and proving his power as he does in the good book. The day he does that is the day I become a christian... By your rules this is of course an option for him he can come down or do whatever he wants to we live by his rules, he could have susan summers appear next to me right now and bitch slap me for writing this if he wanted to.

·
Chris
507 Posts
Lifted jimmy, thank you for remaining logical. When you presented this just to help you understand how my thought process is working...

"I just hope the above post makes you atleast think and be reasonable about it."

Which is a "theory" ill give you that, but it always will be we will never be present 4 billion years ago as life erupted from 12 miles down from a volcanic gas pocket, but there sure is shit is a pretty good map that gets us there...​

To me its just a little easier to accept all of this tangible evidence worked into theory through examination of mitocondrial dna over the given history of the remains dug from out of the earth, than it is to believe that we were all "magicked" here by some great being 6k years ago who for some reason decided to creat the planet with 4.3 billion years worth of history stuck in its crust like 100 million year old dinosaurs christians have actually told me that they believe dinosaurs roamed the earth 6k years ago and then went extinct... I mean it would be more relevant to simply deny thier existance at all that to suggest than in a flash of light no human record existed of any such creatures when man and dinosaur were placed on the earth at the same time and all species of dinosaur which flourished in all parts of the world immediately were almost completely obliterated from the planet with no ill effect to man that walked the earth at the very same time? The only well call it "logical" way to say that dinosaur fossils exist while assuming that creationism is correct and that the world was created 5-10k years ago is to assume god created the planet with 4 billion years of fossil record in its crust of creatures that never existed wtf would he do that for lol?​
I absolutely love this. ( not being sarcastic by ANY means..

I agree what would he do that for.. Plus it is retarded for anyone to say that dinosaurs were here thousands of years ago. I agree there.

Now for the "explaination" to what you ask. With scripture no less :)
"and God said, let the earth bring forth the living creature after his kind, cattle, and creeping thing, and beast of the earth after his kind: and it was so."Gen1:24.
That was let's say " morning of "day" six.. Aftertoon/evening....
And God said, let us make man in our image, after our LIKENESS: and let him have dominion over the fish of the sea, and over the fowl of the air, and over the cattle, and over all of the earth, and over every creeping thing that creepeth upon the earth."Gen1:26.

Now God does not work in "our" idea of what time is. (I can't find the scripture for it)

Now the "days" I think is a bunch of bull. It didn't not take 7 traditional days as we know it to create all of this. It wasn't a "poof" and everything was made. Much like the Theory of the Big Bang. Although you could tie God into the Big Bang. It doesn't say how God made the Universe. (hint the open-mindedness)

Now in this verse it clearly states that God made man from the land. NOT from the sea. I think this is rather important for the Theory of evolution.
"and the Lord God formed man of the fust of the ground,and breathed into his nostrils the breath of life; and man became a living soul." Gen 2:7.

Now in the bible it says absolutely nothing about the world being thousands of years old. And science, a gift from God, clearly states that it is quite old. With the Sun being estimated around 4.6 Billion years old.

Now the Theory of evolution is very fragmented. I say this for assumption of similarities. If something looks the same and it SEEMS reasonable it must be so.

Honestly that 6th day much have been quite a long day. Seeing as how dinosaur bones are dated back what 60 something million years? But again that is calculated on how many rotations the EARTH makes around the sun.

Time in itself if an oddity Mercury,the Planet, has a very short day/year. Our poor demoted Pluto on the other hand has one that is quite long. Pluto IMHO is a Planet. :)

Now to measure time calulated solely on the Earth's rotation.. Well it's moronic. So that being said I hope you find a new way to look at this.

Your welcome. I try to remain logical and open-minded in these types of conversations.
All honesty I see where you are coming from. The Theory of Evolution is extremely fasinating to me. So is Astronomy.

·
Chris
507 Posts
Quote: Originally Posted by rhygin Missionaries exist for a reason, to spread the word of god? Why cant he spread it himself? Why has an all powerful being directly influenced not a damn thing ever? What purpose does he have if he is absent?

525T:

Christian missionaries go to spread the message out of obedience. Christ followers are the current hands and feet of Christ. Not seeing God does not mean that God does not exist and affect us. God reveals Himself to those with an open and willing heart and mind. God's purpose is not our to put into a little box and control. God created humans to have a relationship. However, God is only pleased by the human's faith. He is a just and perfect God, but also patient and His answers are wiser than our questions. His goal is not to appease our every desire. God deals with the issue of human behavior and sin and can forgive that sin and bring peace and hope, and gives wisdom, security, and oftentimes much-needed healing. Our timing is not Gods, and His ways are above our ways.

:tup: This is me again...

Thats all well and good but no where in that very nicely written paragraph is an answer to my question. Its just a bunch of stuff about faith and how great god is and how you are just supposed to believe it.

The point I was trying to make with that question is that these missionaries go out to places they have no business going to and offer help and medicine to people in missions while preaching the word of god. So these poor simple bastard africans that never went to so much as kindergarten and know only work and thier daily way of life as passed down through thousands upon thousands of years worth of generations has been completely thrown away and forgetten because someone gave them some doxy curing thier malaria then tells them a real nice story about the god that granted it to them. Awesome I wanna know this god too. God didnt make that pill more than likely some atheist scientist did. They dont know that though, all they know is a year ago they were dying a horrible death in filth now they feel great have a clean button up shirt electricity and some white person telling them god has all sorts of great shit to offer them...

I just got back from afghanistan where I had meals with these sorts of people, the nicest people youll ever meet cant share a word between you because they dont speak your language and they live in an area so remote that the interpretur cant even understand thier version of his language. Low and behold we give them candy and water one day they are our friends. Taliban walks up hands em 100 US dollars to put the bomb in the ground that nearly killed me and the 38 others we delt with and they pick up a shovel and blow their new friends to shit.

Point is people will do whatever it takes to survive or whatever makes life easiest for them. Especially those massivly under educated people in the parts of the world missionaries visit.

As well as the point I already made about if the missionaries never go there god never goes there. God is word of mouth and that alone.

You might say science is word of mouth as well, as anything that is taught is word of mouth, but science has factual, tangible, repeatable, provable, evidence to support its claims.

If god really wanted people to follow him he could come down once every 100 years or so and do a book tour with the bible creating miracles and proving his power as he does in the good book. The day he does that is the day I become a christian... By your rules this is of course an option for him he can come down or do whatever he wants to we live by his rules, he could have susan summers appear next to me right now and bitch slap me for writing this if he wanted to.
This however makes me roll my eyes.

God does come down. This again God being something that is not for us to be understood.

You want proof. Jesus.. That my dear friend is proof enough.

Sure you are going to say " he was just some man" nobody important.. Blah blah blah. I'll call you ignorant.

It's funny. Everybody wants this proof. Prove me this, prove me that... He has.. Your just too blind to see.

Of and as for your expeirence in afghan I am sorry to hear of this. I'm in the military as well.

Now I have more scritupe. Like you said people will believe anything. What is funny is the fact that.. What do you know... The BIBLE warns of this exact thing.

2corinthians 11:4
For if he that cometh preacheth another Jesus, whom we have not preached, or if ye receive another spirit, which ye have not received , or another gospel, which ye have not accepted, ye might well bear with him.

Now the other gospel.. Evolution, money with a promise of what? 72 virgins?! I mean if I was not knowledgable I would jump on that too. Lust is a strong sin. Very strong... I mean it is anything. False Teachers are not just those who preach things not according to Gods word. A teacher is someone who teaches.

God will not cater to your every need. He will give you or show you just enough. You have to just open your eyes. Open your heart. I will garentee you this. The scientists who you think don't believe. I'll wager 90% of them do. I'll be will to bet the other 10% are telling themselves everyday there is not a God because of greed,or covetousness. They want to go down in history as the idiots who thought they proved the word of God wrong.

Never will happen.

Following God is not doing what every other "Christian" does. It is doing what God pits in your heart to do.
I got a lesson about that tonight. God spoke to me just an hour or two ago. Said for me to trust. Said "I have you chris, trust me and let me deal with what is to become of you." He said "please me, not the world. Do as I say not as those in this world tell you to do."

I'm in the military. Biggest mistake of my life. That's what God told me to give to him. Told me to trust him. So that's what I will do. I have drill tomorrow. God told me not to go...

Now I pray that you will continue to atleast read what I say, as I do you, and be open-minded about what God is tell me to type here.

I understand I will not make you a Christian with what I type. It is immpossible for me to do that. What I can do is plant the seed. Maybe someone else will water it. It's between you and God if it blossoms.

·
Sure why not.
2,202 Posts
Look here lol, I really dont want to come off as mocking you or anything and I really dont want to insult you so please dont take this personally...

God is not actually talking to you. You are making this up. It is not real.

All christians say the same thing open your heart accept him, let him in, let him talk to you...

All that means is embrace the lie enough that you are willing to lie to strength it.

If two people subconciously want a quiji(sp) board to be a spiritual link to the underworld one person will move the guide and be afraid as it is also in turn drawn upon slightly by the other...

The "spirit" involved here in this equation is actually just the willingness and desire of each person to want to be afraid or have a connection with the dead in turn making eachother believe that neither one of them are moving it.

What you are trying to do by convincing me to "let god talk to me" is exactly this.

Then ill tell my friend Bob that god told me in a dream it was up to me to show Bob the light that his sins would lead him down a horrible road... etc... You get the idea and the vicious cycle continues...

This is exactly like the foolish, and I will call this foolish (I hope you arent involved in it), talking in tounges when the people shake around like retards because they are possesed by god. This is in now way different than that. You are telling me he speaks to you, they would tell you he speaks through them. Both of you are conciously making the decision to lie openly to the public in an attempt to further demonstrate the power of your god.

Jesus was made up to as far as Im concearned. Theres no proof he ever existed either the single most important being in the histroy of civilized man left behind not a single piece of shitpaper to prove he existed. However king tutenkamen, an insignificant teenage king among hundreds of other far more influential and prominent kings left a museum full of shit. Including his dead body nicely preserved and encased in solid gold. The egytians a much older civilization and beliefe structure than your own believed in a completely different set of gods and were one of there here today would preach to me that they have spoken to them and they were the true creators, just as well as you would about yours.

The difference between religion and science is you believe your creator, he believes his creator, we know that both of you are wrong universally.

What is the difference between religion and magic? Why is it foolish for the wicken(sp) to believe that they can throw fireballs from thin air, but not foolish for you to believe a being that never once in your life will you ever see just created 100 million planets without life no pattern no reason 1000's of ice rock planets im sure theres some reason he created those maybe they are pretty... Religion made more sense before things happened like space travel like before we knew what stars were before we knew magic was bullshit before we knew what was in the center of the earth.

God is not in the clouds nothing is other than water vapor.

Hell is no in the core of the planet hot liquid spinning magma is.

Stars are not your dead ancestors they are exploded suns.

When our sun explodes your god will not be there to save us and your heaven and hell had they ever existed would be vaporized with everything else.

People not even jesus can make a thousand fish appear from thin air. Except maybe chris angel (joke.)

Its foolish. Really think about this lol.

I want you to think about it, not trying to believe religion is bullshit... I just want you to think about religion reasonably without forcing yourself to believe its true anyway just because your faith tells you to.

·
Sure why not.
2,202 Posts
You know I know it doesnt say that the world is thousands of years old, but I get alot of dates from christians in that time period... Like 525T said 6-10k and my sister and brother in law who is a reverand says 6k? Where the hell does that idea come from, do you know?

·
Chris
507 Posts
Look here lol, I really dont want to come off as mocking you or anything and I really dont want to insult you so please dont take this personally...

God is not actually talking to you. You are making this up. It is not real.

All christians say the same thing open your heart accept him, let him in, let him talk to you...

All that means is embrace the lie enough that you are willing to lie to strength it.

If two people subconciously want a quiji(sp) board to be a spiritual link to the underworld one person will move the guide and be afraid as it is also in turn drawn upon slightly by the other...

The "spirit" involved here in this equation is actually just the willingness and desire of each person to want to be afraid or have a connection with the dead in turn making eachother believe that neither one of them are moving it.

What you are trying to do by convincing me to "let god talk to me" is exactly this.

Then ill tell my friend Bob that god told me in a dream it was up to me to show Bob the light that his sins would lead him down a horrible road... etc... You get the idea and the vicious cycle continues...

This is exactly like the foolish, and I will call this foolish (I hope you arent involved in it), talking in tounges when the people shake around like retards because they are possesed by god. This is in now way different than that. You are telling me he speaks to you, they would tell you he speaks through them. Both of you are conciously making the decision to lie openly to the public in an attempt to further demonstrate the power of your god.

Jesus was made up to as far as Im concearned. Theres no proof he ever existed either the single most important being in the histroy of civilized man left behind not a single piece of shitpaper to prove he existed. However king tutenkamen, an insignificant teenage king among hundreds of other far more influential and prominent kings left a museum full of shit. Including his dead body nicely preserved and encased in solid gold. The egytians a much older civilization and beliefe structure than your own believed in a completely different set of gods and were one of there here today would preach to me that they have spoken to them and they were the true creators, just as well as you would about yours.

The difference between religion and science is you believe your creator, he believes his creator, we know that both of you are wrong universally.

What is the difference between religion and magic? Why is it foolish for the wicken(sp) to believe that they can throw fireballs from thin air, but not foolish for you to believe a being that never once in your life will you ever see just created 100 million planets without life no pattern no reason 1000's of ice rock planets im sure theres some reason he created those maybe they are pretty... Religion made more sense before things happened like space travel like before we knew what stars were before we knew magic was bullshit before we knew what was in the center of the earth.

God is not in the clouds nothing is other than water vapor.

Hell is no in the core of the planet hot liquid spinning magma is.

Stars are not your dead ancestors they are exploded suns.

When our sun explodes your god will not be there to save us and your heaven and hell had they ever existed would be vaporized with everything else.

People not even jesus can make a thousand fish appear from thin air. Except maybe chris angel (joke.)

Its foolish. Really think about this lol.

I want you to think about it, not trying to believe religion is bullshit... I just want you to think about religion reasonably without forcing yourself to believe its true anyway just because your faith tells you to.
Lol. Number 1 I don't believe in a religion. I think religious nut jobs are hypocrites.

Think reasonably about my faith? I do everyday.
Try and tell myself I'm foolish and convince myself I'm not hearing anything? I try to.

Who says those planets are there just to look pretty? I didn't, God didn't.
King tut? He is preserved. Was a common practice back then.
Jesus? Well if you have ever actually read the bible instead of mocking it. You'd know exactly why.
The sun exploding? Talks about it in Revelations.
Hell being inside the earth? And here I thought you knew what you was talking about all this time. Not on mention of that. Not that I have seen. Nor I have I seen where it says heaven is in the clouds.
The number of planets? Try again. Also no mention that we are alone in the universe.

Ok now the big one( I hope you actually read this far, some reason I doubt you read anything I say.)
God speaking to me.. Maybe,, 2 months ago I would say yea that don't happen. Sorry dude hate to be the bearer of bad news but it does. I can't speak for these other Christians, I just know what I know.
The comment on tongues, honestly I feel your dumb for bringing that up. Only some dimwit would believe those wack jobs. Read the bible it'll tell you what tongues is really supposed to be.
The Egyptian culture older then God? Lol.
Romans believed in multi gods too. It's a joke. Although I would love to believe in it.
Hmm.. You want me to think reasonably... You read what I say and quit being so closed minded. You have WAY too much faith in a science you don't even understand. Your remarks on scientists being atheists. Are you 2? I can bet 90% believe in God. The other 10% convince themselves otherwise. If I missed something please let me know.

I do my research, I expect you to atleast do the same.

·
Chris
507 Posts
You know I know it doesnt say that the world is thousands of years old, but I get alot of dates from christians in that time period... Like 525T said 6-10k and my sister and brother in law who is a reverand says 6k? Where the hell does that idea come from, do you know?
Stupid people who are too closedminded to understand science. Real science that is not theoretical. Evolution is not true science. It is just a Theory. A theory that from afar looks to play the part. Dig a little deeper and it has bigger holes in it then a street walking whore..haha. Sorry couldn't think of anything better. But yea I think ignorant people make up those numbers. People who try to fit in. Lost people with the tittle of a Christian. Kinda sad really.

·
Disabled Vet
311 Posts
Stupid people who are too closedminded to understand science. Real science that is not theoretical. Evolution is not true science. It is just a Theory. A theory that from afar looks to play the part. Dig a little deeper and it has bigger holes in it then a street walking whore..haha. Sorry couldn't think of anything better. But yea I think ignorant people make up those numbers. People who try to fit in. Lost people with the tittle of a Christian. Kinda sad really.

Thank you (for both posts). Not Knowing the eloquent words to put my beliefs into,makes it hard to express em here,but in the last few posts,you hit the nail's head :tup:

(And,um...I knew he couldn't resist a smartalic reply to my last post up there,not in his nature :rotf:)

·
nva2low
947 Posts
Nope god is made up.when u die you are burned or put in the ground end of story..churches are cults brain washing you with nonsense..live your life the way you want to not .oh its not what god would want, all horse sh!t to me..I'm not worried about being judged like people who believe are..its just something that unstable ppl need to stay happy i guess

·
Sure why not.
2,202 Posts
I really dont understand how you can mock people saying that god is talking through them by calling them retarded and shit...

You saying that you talk to god in your head thats completely rational but the super being taking over your speach patterns thats just foolish.

And read back to 525T's second post he quote the bible about god being amongst the clouds.

·
Sure why not.
2,202 Posts
(And,um...I knew he couldn't resist a smartalic reply to my last post up there,not in his nature :rotf:)
Alright I am tired of your mindless shit. Its not a smart aleck reply, its a response ass bag. I don't go around getting told about my ass by some undereducated whiny old prick and then walk away like a retard with my tail between my legs. I am smarter than you are. I always will be smarter than you are. No amount of school will ever grant you enough knowledge to make up for your lack of intelligence and I will always be smarter than you. Can you understand this? I'm done with you, go **** yourself, you are incapable of having an adult conversation you ****ing child. From this point on consider yourself ignored. BTW just to do the same dumb **** thing that you do to me every time you write some god awful ****ing useless rant thing directed at me, bet you cant go without coming up with some "smart aleck" response not in your nature :rolleyes:, must suck to be unemployed.

Now that is how you drop to someones level. :tup:

If anyone else has anything intelligent to say please continue.

201 - 220 of 537 Posts
About this Discussion
536 Replies
76 Participants
31794ty
S-10 Forum
S10forum is the community to discuss the S-Series, Chevrolet Colorado and GMC Canyon. Join to discuss rebuilds, modifications, tech articles and more!
Full Forum Listing