S-10 Forum banner

1 - 20 of 33 Posts

·
the guy on the couch
123 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
i love my '02 sonoma, i love the way it runs and looks, its an awesome truck, but i only have one major complaint...all the plastic interior shit is so...shitty

the plastic trim that goes along the windshield on the drivers side keeps coming loose and hanging off a little bit. when i hit a bump all the plastic panels on the doors squeek and rattle, they even squeek and creek (sp?) when i push on them. and to top all that off, the handle on the side of the drivers seat just snapped off last night, the one that you pull up so you can move the back of the seat forward or backward. just snapped off in my hand. i guess this is a disadvantage to having an american truck, huh

luckily its still under warranty by the dealership so im gonna take it in this week and get a replacemend handle. damn, why do they have to do such a half-ass job on the plastic stuff...

·
Blown ex ***
5,710 Posts
thats funny, i don't have any of those problems. i can't say you are hard on your truck(because i don't know how you use it), but it sounds like you are to me.

what else do you expect them to make that stuff out of ? metal ?
then the freakin thing would weigh lots more than it does, then you would be complaining about bad gas milage.

just looked at your sig : do you have subs in it ? that will rattle a brick into pieces = i have NO sympathy for you then.

·
the guy on the couch
123 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
im not hard on it at all...not saying i want everything to be made of metal, just a little more sturdy..for example, that handle i broke off last night could have been solid plastic or something, or some kind of metal reinforcement...it was just hollow plastic, snapped in two right at the part where it attatches to the seat, i didnt pull it extra hard or anything just enough to move the seat forward

and i dont even have a system, or plan on getting one...personally i dont like so much bass that it drowns out the high end of the music or rattles a bunch of shit in my truck lol

·
Registered
603 Posts
I don't have those problems either. Did you take your door panel off. It sounds like it has been removed and not replaced properly, or that the retaining pins have been broken when the panel was taken off. That will make the door panel shift. Take it off and get new retaining pins. That should fix the door problem..

·
Registered
118 Posts
my interior plastic made a tiring noise! I hate that and my truck is a 2001 WTF

·
Registered
382 Posts
My '98 has a pretty quiet interior.
I traded a '91 Jimmy for it, and one of the main things I was looking for was that it was fairly quiet overall, and especially the interior plastic.

If it rattled and squeaked, I'd have to start looking at a Toyota or something. I can't live with that squeaky shit.
I'm pretty surprised that you guys are having those problems with later models!

·
Registered
664 Posts
my xtrem rattles, I have a sub, and I think that is the main reason, when nothing rattles or makes a vibrating sound when the bass is up, and my sub kicks pretty good. but when I go over bumps it rattles. and you can push on a door panel, and it creeks , 98 up the interior changed, didn't it? I got the dealer to fix it once, and then it's been fine for awhile and it slowly come back, I am going to have to take it back soon. The clips that hold the panel get worn out and losen up.

·
Project: Sabriel
12,507 Posts
my 95 is terrible for rattling and squeaking, and it did that before i put a system in. after that, if i dont have my system on, i cant stand the noises.

·
Pony Poacher
66 Posts
Mine doesn't rattle at all and I have 2 12's.. Then again, my doors are filled with foam and covered with dynama. The quarter windows where the seats go are covered in foam and dynamat, my floor is covered with dynamat which is covered by carpet. All my doorpanels and pillars and everything else that can rattle has been 'secured' and 'upgraded' by me to not rattle. Sounds like you just have a nasty interior out of the batch? Break some stuff and make it look accidental then take it in and have them replace it. Problem solved.

·
Chrome is Gay
3,693 Posts
That damn trim along both of my side windows keeps coming up and rattling too, drives me crazy. I'm just going to RTV it down, got something else that squeak inside but I've yet to put my finger on it. Still pretty new.

·
Do I need a gas mask?!
5,780 Posts
my 95 is super rattly, and now that its dropped 3/5 on low profile 15" tires, everything is noisy.. i just turn my stereo up and dont worry abotu it anymore :)

·
Registered
132 Posts
I have had my doors apart 3 times (twice for speakers, once for alarm) and the dash apart 3 times (once for cluster change, once for stereo install, once for alarm) and it does not rattle at all, even with my crappy 8" sub. The dash did rattle for about a day, because when I installed my stereo, I left the wiring harness up against the plastic duct in the dash, but when I ttok it apart for the alarm I moved it.

Check your clips in your doors as said above and make sure all the screws in the dash on there and tight. Tackle it one rattle at a time and you should be able to find and fix most of them. Also, watch for the seat belt mount on the driver side next to the door, if that is bound up it can be up against the lower door and rattle like mad.

·
Registered
962 Posts
Yeah, I have a 99 two door blazer, and all the damn plastic rattles in the back......Most of all my rattles though come from that damn front console with the cassette player built in the bottom, now that is cheap GM shit, they couldn't even use a metal bracket to hold the player, they used some cheap plasitc thing that flexes so much......Anyone else have the cassette where I do?

·
Registered
81 Posts
i definately agree on the seat handles. i've had 2 s-series and had to replace the things 3 times already. you should check the clips on your trim pieces. my 3rd door rattles because 2 of the clips keep popping out. one of these days i'll either fix them or pitch the whole damn piece.

·
Primer Spots
3,713 Posts
my 3rd door area rattles like hell, its a crappy interior nonetheless, definately annoying on bumpay ass roads, but i dont know what to do, i dont want 600lb of dynamat in my ride.

1 - 20 of 33 Posts