S-10 Forum banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
d a h u i
145 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
okay, my truck was cool before. doesn't sway to the left or right when i drive straight w/out holdin on the steering wheel but i recently bought new wheels/tires (18's alloys) from a friend. well now they sway to the left a little so im thinkin its the alignment.

some dude from a custom/accessories shop told me it might be the tire itself. (something about tires dumping to the right due to improper tire pressure?) he told me i need to have same psi on all tires and rotate them. well they are all at 40psi but can anyone tell me if i really need an alignment again or will rotating the wheels from the front to the back and back to front help?

THANKS!

·
32,805 Posts
It could be the tires, they might be worn out in a way that makes one pull more to one side. The 2 best looking thread tires should go up front. That's if they are used tires, but if they're new tires, it must be your truck.

Really the best thing to do is to take it to a TIRE/RIM shop, not a custom accessories shop. The tire guys will know more. Almost all shops out here (Los Angeles area) do free alignment checks, they'll tell you if it's the tire or the alignment. If you need the alignment is should only be $40.

·
I BURN THINGS
5,880 Posts
if they are non-directional tires, swap the fronts. If it pulls the other way, it the tires. You can either live with it or buy new tires.

·
I am a LAZY BITCH
510 Posts
I doubt its the truck. If it was fine before most likly its in a tire. Like he said try swapping from side to side. Its poss. it could have a radial pull (tire shop lingo). If it doesnt change try crossing the rear. Ive had the rears tires cause a pull also. As far as air press. goes drop it down to 32 to 35psi. U will wear the centers of the tires out faster at higher press. If u couldnt tell i work at a tire/repair shop. And thats the first thing they will try anyways. If it hasn't been aligned between a year or two its a good idea to have it checked anyways.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts