S-10 Forum banner
1 - 1 of 1 Posts

·
Registered
596 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I was driving with my dad this morning in the '95 V6 truck, and I asked him if he has ever noticed the pinging, or spark knock that I used to hear all the time when I drove it. It did it again really bad this morning, usually while going up hills or getting on it kinda hard. I have noticed it when I try to get up and go sometimes while racing.

So here is what I think, but please correct me if I am wrong. I have replaced all the EGR stuff on the truck (including filtered gasket) I have run two cans of seafoam, one on each side of cylinders of the truck (have true duals) so I saw the smoke. Replaced the CPI spider and FPR with new gaskets not long ago. Run 93 octane at all times.

Now I have one thing to ask, I am running Crane Cams 1.6 roller rockers and I have heard that they are notorious for "tricking" the knock sensors to think they are ticking or whatever. So I am wondering if I should run an LT4 like I have heard some other members of other forums say to run. Can they be ran on both sides? Sorry for the long post, but need some help on this truck too.. Thanks

1 - 1 of 1 Posts