S-10 Forum banner
1 - 20 of 27 Posts

·
Registered
1,151 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
ok i am just wondering when i bag my 1999 s10 do i need to use shocks in the front, i have heard that some people say that you dont need shocks in the front.

Thank you:

Mark

·
NWB
146 Posts
You don't HAVE to but i would strongly recommend it. I used to not have shocks up front and I bounced around like crazy. Having shocks makes such a huge difference.

·
Kurrupted Kreations
3,837 Posts
i love my front shocks, with re7s. git shocks

·
Kurrupted Kreations
3,837 Posts
very well said CC :tup:

·
Registered
419 Posts
would u wanna ride around on just springs and no shocks? youd bounce like crazy..... riding with just bags gives u a bouncy ride too put shocks youll love it

·
the village idiot
256 Posts
do you have to no, should you absolutely and they're not hard to set up

·
JESUS FREAK
1,947 Posts
re7s with out shocks ride good re7s with shocks rides like a cloud re7s with shocks ftw

·
started as a 4X4 anyway
793 Posts
Do you need heat? A stereo? Windows? Doors? Really just a windshield by law. Yes you need shocks. FRONT AND REAR. But of course there will be tons of people saying their truck rides awesome without them, better than stock! No problems at all! BS to anyone one of you. Drive one w/o shocks then drive one with shocks. Not to mention SAFETY.

·
DELIBERATE DESIGNS
8,141 Posts
Do you need heat? A stereo? Windows? Doors? Really just a windshield by law. Yes you need shocks. FRONT AND REAR. But of course there will be tons of people saying their truck rides awesome without them, better than stock! No problems at all! BS to anyone one of you. Drive one w/o shocks then drive one with shocks. Not to mention SAFETY.
/thread

·
Rarely goes over 20mph
3,163 Posts
shocks in the front arnt as big of a deal as shocks in back, those are a 100% must, i had none for a week till the schocks came in, and it SUCKED.

get front shocks, they are on my to-do list while im bodydropping.

i drove all summer, even a 12 hour drive without front shocks on dom2500's and it was OK.. but bouncy..

·
Registered
1,151 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
yeah i know that i will need shocks for the rear, but the front they were saying i would be okay without shocks on the front.

·
REMOTIVATED
479 Posts
Your better off putting them on while you have the front apart. A lot of people don't run them my truck didn't have them for a little while but now it does and I would never go without front shocks on anything again. The ride is night and day difference.

·
Registered
89 Posts
On springs blown shocks can lead to chopping of the tires, mainly rear.. something to keep in mind.

On my bagged car the shocks are absolutely toast, the ride's pretty crappy, just sayin.

·
tom tucker
710 Posts
actually in Minnesota its legal to not have a windshield but illegal ton not have windshield wipers.. just a little fun fact.

·
JESUS FREAK
1,947 Posts
i have a buddy with no shocks at all an he drives it every day an i dnt see how i drove it once an it reminded me of my bass boat lol

·
Registered
782 Posts
iv never used shocks before and all my truck road like shit.i just never got around to doing shocks but i would really recommend it.my next truck will have shocks lol

·
V8 with bags
7,374 Posts
YES you need them, if you say you cant tell the difference then you are used to driving junk anyways. I hated the ride without shocks, and it was dangerous to hit any bumps going faster than 25mph. They are cheap and easy to install and unless you have some retarded backspacing on your rims you will loose little turning radius, and if you cant to get a little more involved you can loose no turning radius if properly set up

1 - 20 of 27 Posts