S-10 Forum banner
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
760 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Or do they advertise them as off road use only. Someone in another threads posted a website that offers 4" drop leafs for under $100 a pair. Unlike some of you guys I would like to keep some utilitarian aspect of my truck. I wouldn't want to alter the ride height where it severely effects my payload capacity. I'm a home owner and if I need to load up some lumber, pavers or my riding lawn mower I want to know I can do so without riding on the bump stop.

With that being said I'm trying to decide if I should go drop leafs and blocks or pull a leaf and blocks.

With drop leafs and blocks I can get anywhere from 4" to 8" drop in the rear.

Pulling a leaf and blocks I can get anywhere from 1.5" to 5.5" drop in the rear.

Depending on the load capacity of drop leafs will determine which route I go.

·
Squid Life
1,781 Posts
I am not much on the "how much can a truck haul" thing...I say "show me"...I haul my motor cycle, plywood, mulch, garden pavers, basically whatever the hell I need/want to in mine. I've got 3" BellTech leafs and 1" blocks with Toxic Shocks on the back of mine and here is how it sits with my near 500lb Sportster in the back:

Anything over a 3 to 4" drop is pretty extreme and is going to affect the load capacity though.

·
Nitto1320 M O D
1,612 Posts
I had a Riding lawn mower, (6) 12HP Briggs engines, 2 lawn mower rear ends and lots of parts in the back of mine at a 5/6 drom 3" springs 3" blocks and it rode fine... Also at 5/6 I carried a complete 360 chrysler small block and 727 trans and it was fine.

So in my opinion atleast I know belltech springs are good.

P.S. no I didnt steal the lawn mower parts, lol I build racing mowers.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts