S-10 Forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
sister fister
60 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
how hard would this be? i got a new tailgate because my girlfriend smashed my other one, and it only took about 5 minutes to change over all the hardware. i was looking at it, and if you just flipped the handle and the rods that secure the tailgate, that's a kit right there. my old tailgate, i could cut out a section to fill in the whole, then weld where the screws would go to secure it. any suggestions? thanks in advance for suggestions and comments.

·
work in progress
2,628 Posts
that is how you flip the handle, but you still need a handle relocator kit so that you can mount the handle.

·
ROD TWISTIN MEMBER
3,808 Posts
armyzero said:
how hard would this be? i got a new tailgate because my girlfriend smashed my other one, and it only took about 5 minutes to change over all the hardware. i was looking at it, and if you just flipped the handle and the rods that secure the tailgate, that's a kit right there. my old tailgate, i could cut out a section to fill in the whole, then weld where the screws would go to secure it. any suggestions? thanks in advance for suggestions and comments.
The guys (Rich) over at www.buildyourride.com are working on something to do what you are wanting to do They cut out the tailgate so everything looks stock on the inside just shoot them an email they will help you out

1 - 5 of 5 Posts