S-10 Forum banner
1 - 20 of 23 Posts

·
2 Litre Terror
1,964 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Here it is...4 hours of cutting grinding polishing along with some nail biting (cutting the plastic support from the sensors). Honestly, The truck has a ton more snap off the line. After hooking battery back up, it seemed like good old OBDII was real confused. Surging idle, longer initial startup. As soon as she went into closed loop she smoothed right out and started like day one. Not bad for 4 hours and 12 bucks in materials. Also relocated ATS to the airbox in hopes of getting cooler temp readings. Let me know what you think

Attachments

·
A Constant Work in Progress
1,088 Posts
the DIY are always the best....nicely done:thumbup:

·
Canuck w/Truck
624 Posts
It looks good, but dude your warranty just got f*ucked! They won't cover any drive line warranty!

But If you already know that, good job! That does look good.

·
2 Litre Terror
1,964 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
going to pick up used one at junkie just in case of a problem.....Also very good freinds with sales manager....Inlaws Neighbor :D

·
Registered
39 Posts
That took you 4 hours!?!?!?!?!?!

HAHA mine took 30 minutes with the right tools!

A die-grinder is the best tool for the job... cutting, grinding, polishing.... you name it and this tool can do it with certain bits you put on.

Granted they are up ther in price, but they work wonders on everything you use it for, and cuts time in half..... or in my case in 1/8ths.

muahaha

Just playin, nice job!!

·
I'd Rather be Blown than Injected
251 Posts
Real nice job:thumbup: Now if the computer will only compensate
for the extra air flow and add the fuel, you should see a nice gain
but the true test is your 1/4 mile times. You should always do a
before and after to see if your mods work.

·
2 Litre Terror
1,964 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
Worth an average of about 5.8 horsepower from 3250 to about 5100 RPM on an average of two runs on a DYnojet. Curve is noticeably fatter above 4000 now. Better than 300 bucks for the gran unit.

·
251 Posts
Now wrap your hose from the air box to the throttle in a heat
resistance covering. It will drop you inlet air temp about 50 deg
or what ever the air temp outside is if you have some sort of cold air kit.

·
2 Litre Terror
1,964 Posts
Discussion Starter · #13 ·
When I was done I disco'd both battery cables for a half hour. Restarted the truck. It took a good 20 - 25 miles of driving for idle to smooth out. made a couple of full throttle run ups to so the comp could get a hold of things. so far so good. MPG went up about 2 MPG since than.

·
251 Posts
02Red, Where did you go to get your truck dynoed? I am looking for a place to get mine done.

·
2 Litre Terror
1,964 Posts
Discussion Starter · #15 ·
feel like drivin to NY. Theres a place here that has a dynojet setup. they do 99%imports. Was worth the money to see there faces when I pulled it in and than to see them shiit a brick when i made the runs lol.Just looked through the yellow pages for dyno shops.

·
251 Posts
Where in NY? How much? We don't have any Dyno places around
Phila. I was told there is one somewhere in Etown. No name though.

·
Registered
13,578 Posts
How much difference do you guys think there is between actually "porting and polishing" the MAF and just popping the screen out. I've already popped my screen out and I could feel a difference, but I don't want to go to all that trouble if I won't notice the power increase.

·
2 Litre Terror
1,964 Posts
Discussion Starter · #19 ·
Speakin of dumbassses..Check the start of the post lol

·
i got a six pack and a truck named trigger
34 Posts
i have a question,should i just get a different MAF or remove the screen and go to town ,that sensor support is no joke!

1 - 20 of 23 Posts