S-10 Forum banner
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
47 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Alrite, let me give you a quick run down of the vehicle I want to buy and the decisions made:

At first I wanted a S-10 Ext Cab Extreme, but I have a little one so extra room is needed so I switched to the Blazer Extreme..... I was just going to do some exterior mods, until I was at a buddy's cookout and witnessed a friendly race brewing in the front against long time friends...The race consisted of another buddy of mine's S-10 Extreme and a Civic...:rant:...Anyway the S-10 is 4.3 powered and has 252 Comp Cam, ECM tuning and a 30 over bore, I just knew that the torque curve alone would pull past this bolt on modded annoying Civic (I used to like Hondas but I got tired of the my honda can beat anything vibe that group gives off when there's clearly cars bought from the factory tons faster).....Anyway, the race or should I say races ended with the Honda the victor....So this got me thinking......( I've still got friends that built fast Civics back in the day and just kept them and they still brag about how over the years all the cars bought by other buddies they've managed to beat performance wise)......When my purchase does get closer to home....I should swap out the 4.3 and install a LT1 or LS2 with mild cam and exhaust....my thinking is that economically the gas mileage should either stay the same or go up a tad HP/Weight ratio plus the engine isn't working as hard as the 4.3 , and performance wise I'll be keeping up with or punishing the super cars of today (the imports)....Not looking for a all out drag setup but also not worried about stopping at a light and being embarrassed by anything Honda produces.......My buddy spent alot of money in the performance of his S-10 and for the money spent I feel he got gypt! And I feel with that same chunk of change he could've been way closer to the 300 HP mark than he currently is.....For about a grand more buying the LT1 or LS2 would've been worth the money spent....Let me know what you guys feelings are on this Hi-Performance 4.3 or LSx dilemma......I feel the V8's are the way to go not unless one of you 4.3 gurus know better thanx for any info or suggestions...................

·
Registered
47 Posts
Discussion Starter · #2 ·
I guess seeing the S-10 get embarrassed by Civic with an engine half the size with half the work done made me ditch any plans I had for a 4.3 build and just go V8........

·
Registered
47 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Thanx I figured that.......I wish the 4.3 was more of a potent engine, I never saw this kind of a match up between the two...but I always favored the 4.3 S-10 if I was asked which would win........I was kind of taken back honestly after seeing them run 4 x's..........LS it is I guess now on to finding a smashed up Camaro SS or Vette...........thanx for some clarity Bro...

·
Registered
47 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
And my buddy spent a little over 7 grand for parts and labor....I thought he got ripped...I seen LS's for sale for a few hundred to a grand more.....

·
Registered
27 Posts
I wanted to go with an LS swap but I already have the the LT1 I took out of my Z28 when I put the 383 in it so I'm going to rebuild it into a milder 383 and put it in my Blazer 4x4.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts