S-10 Forum banner

1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
Registered
256 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
My 1/2, 5/8" tool doesn't fit so I assume it's a metric size. I can't get my fingers inthere to do any trial fitting. Anyone know the size offhand? Thanks much.

·
Boozebag
8,995 Posts
15MM baby.
A 3/8 universal joint and short 15MM socket on a long extension does the trick!

·
Registered
256 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
15MM baby.
A 3/8 universal joint and short 15MM socket on a long extension does the trick!
Woopee , I will try that trick - thanks for the prompt response

·
Registered
256 Posts
Discussion Starter #5

·
Registered
256 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
I'll need the specific 15 mm dz wrench. I ground down a 15mm socket short but I cannot get it on the bolt.

·
Registered
256 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Ok, I removed a bracket and was able to fit a small socket wrench and my cut down socket to loosen it. Thanks

·
Boozebag
8,995 Posts
^^ Huh?? I have several 2.8/3.4s and have never had to go through what you went through.
Wow...

·
Registered
256 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
Actually by removing that bracket, you can get a 15mm open end wrench on it which is how I tightened it.

·
Registered
127 Posts
I can usually get my hand down beside the engine and get a 15 mm ratcheting open ended wrench in there. I've only for enough room for one click though. It's not worth taking the coil and everything else out of the way. But if the engines hot I do get burned a few times on the air tube and exhuast. And with a 3 inch body lift makes it worse. I have to sit on top of the motor to get it lol

Sent from AutoGuide.com Free App

·
overthinker extraordinar
650 Posts
I always use a 15mm socket(3/8 not 1/2) next a swivel, and then usually two 3/8 extensions. I can get the bolt loose and out in about 3 minutes now. Any other combination I have tried is more difficult.

·
Boozebag
8,995 Posts
^^^ exactly what I do.
Am I missing something?

Must be too much beer..,

·
Maybe later.
9,335 Posts
I use a stubby combo wrench...lol

·
Awww..you ain't got shit!
3,268 Posts
I don't even recall using anything other than an extension and "maybe" a swivel. Been a while.

1 - 15 of 15 Posts
About this Discussion
14 Replies
6 Participants
jimmykicker
S-10 Forum
S10forum is the community to discuss the S-Series, Chevrolet Colorado and GMC Canyon. Join to discuss rebuilds, modifications, tech articles and more!
Full Forum Listing